• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

How many clicks for a pillion?

Bicycle
I weigh 220 without gear and run an additional 4 clicks on the preload for solo riding, about how many extra clicks do y'all run when traveling with a pillion? Mine's about 120 lbs. Thanks!

My pillion weighs about a buck twenty, I add 15 clicks when she rides with me.

are you talking about the rear shock ? if so im 240lbs and i have it set at full stiff , the forks are set at 10 clicks down from all the way out , and my fork springs are all the way in , rides great , takes the turns a lot better no floating . 

anthony - Sacramento said:
are you talking about the rear shock ? if so im 240lbs and i have it set at full stiff , the forks are set at 10 clicks down from all the way out , and my fork springs are all the way in , rides great , takes the turns a lot better no floating .

He's asking about with passenger, pillion = passenger...

ZG said:

my settings stay the same 1 or 2 up

ZG said:

That's not smart, unless Kirby is your passenger... 

ZG said:
ZG said:

being smart dont matter in my case ,, my settings are as stiff as it gets , cant go any farther , so 1 or 2 up dont matter for me .. ride smooth

ZG said:
ZG said:

being smart dont matter in my case ,, my settings are as stiff as it gets , cant go any farther , so 1 or 2 up dont matter for me .. ride smooth

Ah ok, that makes more sense bro, so you have it all the way maxed out for just your weight so can't adjust anymore for pillion... Sorry, I missed that part 01. Have you checked out the ohlins yet? You might be able to get it a little stiffer... (ok that sounded bad...
facepalm.gif
)