• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

How to assess market value

chillybilly

Tricycle
Hi all, Just got my first Concours, 1993, with only 26,000 miles. Almost brand new and not a mark on it. Until... I cam out of the gym after only having the bike two weeks and found it on its side. (Center stand on concrete up close to the building) Oh well, life happens and I've got a $100 deductible with Allstate but now they want to total the bike and I'm not sure how to value the bike or whether to accept their number for 'salvage value'. How can I check out if the numbers they are using are reasonable? Any ideas? The worst damage is the front and right side fairing pieces. Bike is still very rideable and damage is limited to fairing plastic, mirror and foot peg. Thanks, Bill in MN

Do what they do. kbb.com and nada cycletrader.com Get an average of as many bikes as you can that are comparable to yours on trader and classifieds. Photos[/url]