• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

How to set clock

czechjohn

I have a ‘08 and want to set the clock. The owners manual says to push the mode switch to access that area. My problem is I can not find the mode switch on the left handle bar or anywhere. I bought it used and new the the world of using a forum
Thx John

The mode switch to get to time set is one of the buttons below the multi-function display. The owners manual for a 2008-2009 should show this. The mode switch on left controls is for 2010 and later models only.

From this post
http://forum.cog-online.org/concours-14-zg1400-general-chat-and-tech/need-help-setting-the-c-14-clock/msg82140/#msg82140
I found on forum search

"Jose, here's the clock setting process.  1).  Hold the upper button on the display in for 2 seconds and the display selection will flash.  2). Push the lower button to select the CLOCK function.  3). In CLOCK mode, push the upper button for 2 seconds to flash the hour & minute displays.  4). Push the lower button to flash only the hour display then push the upper button to change the hour.  5). Push the lower button again to flash only the minute display then push the upper button to change the minutes.  6). Push the lower button and both the hour and minute displays will flash again.  7). Push the upper button and the displays stop flashing and the clock starts working. "

Can't verify it for an '08 - posted by an '12 guy

WANDRNG said:
From this post
http://forum.cog-online.org/concours-14-zg1400-general-chat-and-tech/need-help-setting-the-c-14-clock/msg82140/#msg82140
I found on forum search

"Jose, here's the clock setting process.  1).  Hold the upper button on the display in for 2 seconds and the display selection will flash.  2). Push the lower button to select the CLOCK function.  3). In CLOCK mode, push the upper button for 2 seconds to flash the hour & minute displays.  4). Push the lower button to flash only the hour display then push the upper button to change the hour.  5). Push the lower button again to flash only the minute display then push the upper button to change the minutes.  6). Push the lower button and both the hour and minute displays will flash again.  7). Push the upper button and the displays stop flashing and the clock starts working. "

Can't verify it for an '08 - posted by an '12 guy

That sounds about right...
To the original poster, you can download a copy of the owners manual for free, from the kawasaki site, here is the link, I suggest you download it as it tells everything you need to know about functions and service intervals...
Here

https://www.kawasaki.com/ServiceManuals/Manual/ZG1400A8F#

Hope that helps you.

Step 1.  disconnect battery
Step 2. wait the required number of hours and minutes
Step 3.  reconnect battery

:)

Thx to everyone how commented.
I am a happy camper. It bugged me that the clock was off. Not that I have to have clock, but I like things to work, if reasonably possible.
As my luck would have it, the first part of the directions must be for a newer model than my ‘08.
Here is what I found after a few “sign of the crosses” 🙏
#1...hold both the upper and lower buttons for two seconds, then select language w the upper button
#2...push upper button to scroll to “clock”
The rest worked as noted.
To exit the menu and to return to normal display, hold both top and bottom buttons.
Happy trails

I wrote shorthand instructions on the inside cover of the owners manual just for that. In spite of the advantages of more modern technology on the 14, I wish they'd have just put H and M buttons on there like a C-10 has.

ghostrider990 said:
Haven't reset mine in 2 years.

It's right six months out of the year.  :rotflmao:

true story.

Me too, I never change the time based on the spring forward fall back routine.  :beerchug:

I never changed my clock back in November as we had 5 inches of snow Halloween night, so, it's still set at DST as I packed it away for winter the next day. :rolleyes:

I take it the original poster and those who ask here may not have a manual. It took me about 20 minutes to figure out after reading it as I read and speak 1983.

I feel this is one of the most asked questions, along with how to clear the C14 warnings... and maybe tires and oil :D
Beginning with the 2022 Member Handbook/Directory, a new page was added titled "SETTING THE CLOCK & OTHER HELPFUL INFORMATION"
Look for this page in the 2023 Handbook too.

After 9 years, it only took me two tries this time. Guess I’m a slow learner. Goldwing took two seconds.