• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Hudson Valley Ride to Eat – Andes, NY - May 17

Bigben

Scooter
Hudson Valley Ride to Eat – Andes, NY
Ride to Eat destination for May is the Hotel Andes located in the village of Andes, NY. The ride will cover approximately 180 miles through beautiful southern Catskill roads along the Neversink, Rondout, Pepacton and Ashokan Reservoirs. Coffee break will be at approximately 11:30am in Claryville, NY with lunch following at around 1:30pm at the Andes Hotel restaurant their menus can be view online at http://andeshotel.com/food-drink/all-menus/ The ride will end at approximately 5pm near the NYS Thruway in the town of Kingston. Ride pace will be slow to moderate as 80% of the ride will be on back roads. GPS route file will be posted at a later date.

Date and Time
Start Date: 05/17/2014  Start Time: 10:00 AM 
End Date: 05/17/2014  Approx. End Time: 5:00 PM 
Registration Deadline: 05/16/2014  Meet Time: 9:30 AM 

Register online here:  http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=204138&mo=5&tDate=%7Bd%20%272014%2D05%2D30%27%7D
Event Leader 
Ben Otunu
Contact Leader
845-423-0373 H

Attendees
Registrants: 1  Max Attendance: No Limit
Guests: 1 Spots Available: No Limit

Total: 2 Guest Limit: No Limit

Location  (More Detail) 
Event Location: Pilot Travel Center, Newburgh, NY 
Address: 239 Route 17K , Newburgh , NY  12550-8307 
Directions: On RT 17K just west of I-84, exit 6. 

Might be out of town that week-end , but if not, this is on my calendar!  I'll try to bring my pillion along this time. Thanks Ben!!!  :great:

gMitch said:
Might be out of town that week-end , but if not, this is on my calendar!  I'll try to bring my pillion along this time. Thanks Ben!!!  :great:

That would be great!  :great:

Well, the route is tested and ready to go, all I need are people to sign-up for the ride. The route will be longer than previously anticipated; 220 miles instead of 180 miles, but you will enjoy it to the last mile. There are a few bumpy sections thanks to the brutal winter we have had, otherwise it will be a beautiful ride. See you next Saturday

Andes.jpg

OOOOH!  A 4-Reservoir tour!  Some of my favorite roads.  Now I've really got to try to make it.  Have to work until 5:30AM, though so it makes it tough.

Outback Jon said:
OOOOH!  A 4-Reservoir tour!  Some of my favorite roads.  Now I've really got to try to make it.  Have to work until 5:30AM, though so it makes it tough.

Outback Jon,
It would be nice to have you for the ride, but I highly recommend you get some sleep instead.  I will have a GPS file of the route posted later tonight so you can ride it when you're fresh. Safety first.

Outback Jon,

I might actual do the route again in the fall for a different perspective on the landscape. I hope that will make you feel a little better if you miss it this weekend.

Bigben said:
Outback Jon said:

Outback Jon,
It would be nice to have you for the ride, but I highly recommend you get some sleep instead.  I will have a GPS file of the route posted later tonight so you can ride it when you're fresh. Safety first.
I'll try and bend my sleep schedule a bit and get a nap right before work on Friday.  Then I'll see how I feel in the morning.

But to put it simply, don't wait around for me.

Idea just popped into my head.  Get home in AM, take a nap, and ride the route backwards until I meet up with you!  (The end of the route is closer to me than the beginning, anyway)  Should be able to make lunch and the rest of the ride at least.  That's probably the best option.

Outback Jon or anybody else who might want to join us later in the ride, you have three opportunities to link up with us at the following places if you arrive late at the Pilot Travel Center:

1. Blue Hill Lodge & Cafe
    1471 Denning Road, Claryville, NY
    Coffee stop around 11:30am -12pm

2. Citgo Station
  Near 15185 Route 30
  Downsville, NY
  1pm to 1:15pm

3. Andes Hotel
  110 Main Street  (Route 28)
  Andes, NY
  1:45pm - 3pm

You may have to take the fast way to catchup with us at one of those locations.

Just realized that this Saturday is my daughter's college graduation.  Guess I won't be making the ride after all.

Outback Jon said:
Just realized that this Saturday is my daughter's college graduation.  Guess I won't be making the ride after all.

Good thing you caught that, it would have been "no bueno" for you.  Congrats to the college graduate! :great:

gMitch said:
Might be out of town that week-end .........

Ben, I have a family commitment this week-end so won't be able make it. Route looks great. Have a good one!

gMitch said:
gMitch said:
Might be out of town that week-end .........

Ben, I have a family commitment this week-end so won't be able make it. Route looks great. Have a good one!
No problem. You know where to find the route if decide to do it on your own. See you at twisted open house.

Looks like you're going to have a great day for a ride.  Just watch out for gravel/sand/dirt washouts from all the rain last night.

It was a wonderful day of riding around the southern Catskill. The weather was just perfect,  though a little cooler in some of the higher elevation areas.  The roads got a little more bumpy due to heavy rain the day before,  but  no serious washouts. We were joined on the ride by Chris Sell (new to the club) and Tom Taylor from Bolton Landing, NY. Tom met us at the Andes Hotel for some Delicious pull pork sandwiches.

20140517_113401.jpg

20140517_113336.jpg

20140517_113318.jpg

20140511_140439.jpg

Outback Jon said:
Looks like you're going to have a great day for a ride.  Just watch out for gravel/sand/dirt washouts from all the rain last night.

Had a good time with you folks Saturday. Excellent lunch choice! Beautiful weather! What's not to like? Thanks Ben.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Wow....it seems you guys had i great time..u wanted to go but had to pickup the other bike from the shop sat morning.

mr t said:
      Had a good time with you folks Saturday. Excellent lunch choice! Beautiful weather! What's not to like? Thanks Ben.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Thanks for coming Tom.

Squid4life said:
Wow....it seems you guys had i great time..u wanted to go but had to pickup the other bike from the shop sat morning.

See you next time Squid4life.  The GPS file of the route is available in the COG library if you don't mind riding it by yourself.

Sorry I had to miss this ride but I was in the middle of a project at home that the "Boss" insisted I keep working on.  I finally stage a revolt Saturday night and told the "Boss" I needed a mental health day and was going riding with Ramapo on Sunday.  **** surprised me with a really nice route up the East side of the Hudson that was supposed to eventually take us to Phoenicia. 

We never made it to Phoenicia and I didn't get to see any of the reservoirs I thought we would see when **** said we were going to Phoenicia at the start.  Turned out we stopped for lunch at Hickory BBQ outside of Kingston.  After lunch we rode South on US-209 to Ellenville then East on NY-52 to Walden and South to Montgomery.  It was definitely a nice ride.  Just not the one I expected. 

Not quite sure how I got talked into posing for this picture.
10336809_632688670142897_933590380564752751_n.jpg

I'll be looking forward to when you do your ride again in the fall.

COG-528 said:

Not quite sure how I got talked into posing for this picture.

I'll be looking forward to when you do your ride again in the fall.

The kings and queen of burgers??  Mike, join us on June 7 for a ride Tri-Area Meet & Greet in at the
Old Towne Restaurant
60 Quality Street
Trumbull, CT

I will post HV departure time and location on the forum shortly.