• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

I Didn't Really Drop It!!!

thiamarie

I was on my way to work and was in a hurry. Part of the way down the street I realized I didn't fully secure my helmet.  I pulled over at a gas station and stopped but didn't put the kickstand down. Somehow I managed to get off balance while securing my helmet and the bike started falling.  I grabbed the handlebars and held on for dear life but ultimately it was too heavy to hold and I had to lay it down gently. Nothing broken, no dents, no scratches so I'm not sure if this counts as a drop.
:-[

PS - 2 nice men standing at the corner did run over and help me pick it up.

Oh yes, not only is it a real Drop, but it's the very best kind - the kind where you manage to lay her down gently and neither you nor Connie was hurt!  And so it has now become my sad duty to confirm you as the 559th recipient of the uncoveted Connie Droppers Anonymous Award.  You have yet another tale to share around a Rally campfire.  My sincerest condolences!

The five most recent unfortunates:
0555 C10 Paul Nosek
0556 C10 Michael Hotz
0557 C10 Dale McGinnis
0558 C14 Gary Hurley
0559 C14 Cynthia Jones