• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

I feel brand new again!!!

PAID BY FORD

Big Wheel
Hello everyone, i have been lurking here for the past week or so and i am really excited to become an active participant on this board. I have been riding motorcycles since 7 years old and considering i am now 48 well thats a long time. Anyway let me get to the point. About a week or so ago a friend asked me to keep his motorcycle at my home in my garage with my bikes. I have 8, 2 moto guzzis 3 ducatis 2 aprilias and 1 mv agusta. naturally i asked jokingly if i can ride it when its here, and he said for me to ride it like its my own. His bike is a 2010 Concours c14. Well I rode it.  This past Saturday I went to my local Kawasaki dealer and rode out on a gorgeous new 2011 silver C14. What a great Bike!!! I feel Brand new, i haven't been this excited and this happy with a new bike in years!! the handling is great, the fit and finish top notch, the ergos literally fit me as if it were made for me. everything about this bike drips of pure old fashioned motorcycling fun!!! and the added bonus of being able to take my wife for nice fast paced long rides is great also.
I do have one requests i hope you guys can help me with, its seems no matter where i have looked i cannot find a stainless brake and clutch line kit for it. Its the only thing i plan on changing. If anyone knows of one i would greatly appreciate it. thanks in advance.  sorry for the long rant its just that i am totally stoked about owning this bike!

Welcome to the forum, Emanuel - and don't apologize for the rant.  Almost all of us have fallen in love with these bikes at one point and we understand how you feel.  Glad that circumstances introduced you to the best sport-tourer in the world!

I'd suggest you go out and do a couple hard stops with the brakes before making any changes, I think you'll change your mind about wanting SS braided brake lines. The brakes on this bike are extremely good.

the reason i wanted the stainless lines are by no means due to function, the concours brakes are excellent in my opinion both in true stopping distance and excellent lever feel. Just something i wanted to put on the bike for my own personal taste.

FYI...
Pashnit list Galfer lines for front/rear and clutch for the ZG1400 Concours ABS 2008- upwards, both ABS and non ABS versions.

Welcome!
I felt the same way when I first picked up mine. Still feel the same 6mos later and over 6500 miles. The bike just has no BS to it. There is nothing that it does not deliver for me. I even like the stock seat, handle bar position, and color of mine. I guess I am spoiled when you compare it to all the other bikes I have owned. I even like the quiet exhaust. Nice to be able to ride and think...Tim

I'm thrilled with mine also. So thrilled I don't think I'm going to change much of anything on it. I wanted to give myself a good season of riding before I started with the farkles. The only thing I really want on her is a throttle lock. But I'm satisfied with the stock set up, and have had 8655 trouble free miles in 2011. I wanted to do more, but work got in the way.

^-^ Welcome Emanuel, I, like the other Coggers comments also completely understand the excitement on the purchase  of a Connie. I bought my Siver 2011 Connie new with 1 mile on the odometer back in June and just turned 7600 miles today. So, needless to say it  is defnitely a comfortable and fun bike to ride.

I have learned alot from our fellow Coggers about the bike, the Tech topics, and the many Pro and Cons on the many accesories available. Be sure to vist the Accessorie list for the Connie. It is very helpful in puttting  that "Farkle" wishlist together.

Also, come meet your fellow coggers by attending some of the Cogger evens and rides. I see you are in the Southeast, be sute check the Southeast Cogger forum for events.

Only downside/ upside in owning the Connie... my beloved Harley sits longer in the garage between its rides, saving me $$ (operating and maintenance costs) and slows down the approach to 100K mark. I have a 114 mile daily commute and the Connie is getting 45.6 mpg compared to the Harley and trucks mileage.

Again, welcome and enjoy your new Connie!

Thx for the info fun4jt, i ordered them yesterday. everyone on this site seems really nice and helpful. greatly appreciate it. looks like my other bikes are gonna get lonely, I am definitely into this bike in a big way. In fact gonna put in for a weeks vacation and break it in and get the 600 mile service done so i can get a true appreciation of the bikes motor

Emanuel, you will like the Galfers.  I have a set on my 08 Connie and there is a difference in feel, I don't know if you'll experience the same since you have abs.  I did notice when I pressed my brakes that the origninal rubber lines did seem to expand under pressure.

Good luck with your new toy and enjoy.

Emanuel,
As I have a 011' Connie with ABS and will eventually swap over to braided lines (one of the standard upgrades with my bikes) I'd be curious to hear if
you notice a change in the feel of the ABS once you install the braided lines.
Good luck!

ok cool, i will keep you updated, again i am happy with the present feel but since every one of the other 7 in my garage have braided lines i just "had" to have em. I still am falling more in love with this bike every time i ride it and all my other bikes kinda just sit there with me not having any desire to take em and ride em like before.