• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

I guess I'll fess up to mine.

billymac814

Tricycle
I think the first time I dropped it was right after I got it, I'm not even sure what caused it now since that was a few years ago now. But the last time will need a preamble I guess. We got a puppy last year and I take him to work with me everyday so there was only one rational way to be able to ride to work and be able to take the dog so I made up a harness of sorts to secure him pretty good do me and he's usually have his front legs on the tank bag. We did this enough that he was always fine with it to the point I didn't use the harness anymore so we were pulling out of the garage and he seen a rabbit or something and we were barely moving so he tried shifting around too much and we went down. I busted my turn signal and a piece of the fairing but other than that nothing major.  I haven't taken him on the bike since, I need to come up with a better way to secure him.

I think you need a COG# to join that unfortunate group of riders Billy M. :'(

Steve

At least the puppy was just following his instincts.  I've had passengers who should have known better do terrifying things on a motorcycle - sometimes at considerably faster than parking lot speeds! I'm really glad that neither you nor Connie was hurt too badly, and your incident does qualify you for the CDA Award except for one thing.

You need to be a full COG member.  Don't worry, we don't make you drop her again after you've joined in order to qualify!  Most folks join if they hang around a while and like what we do here, so just drop me a line after that happens and we'll add you to the roster.

Just to avoid confusion, here are the instructions: How to Convert from Forum Subscriber to Full COG Membership

And here's where to Renew

The tipover bars would probably have spared Connie most of that damage.  You should consider them.