• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

I guess I'll finally fess up

furyfrog

I've got a couple C10 drops under my belt.

The '01 kissed the ground the first day I owned her.  I was pulling into a parking spot and with the handlebars pulled all the way to the left she started her slow-motion descent.  The guy who helped me pick her up said it looked like I was intentionally putting it down very slowly.  There's been a couple other gravity assists on that one as I've learned the fun of a heavy bike at slow speeds.

The '05 had her only drop on May 15th.  I was putting her up on the center stand to pull the rear tire.  In retrospect I was in my driveway pulling it up the slope.  I rocked her back and had her about half way up when I twisted a little.  My knee popped, loud as **** heck.  I screamed in pain as I fell one way and the bike fell the other way.  My wife was standing there and thought I was crazy when, as soon as the pain subsided a little, I crawled over to the bike to check out what I'd damaged.  Since it fell forward and down hill my KB Highway pegs caught and saved the main fairing and bag, didn't hit the regular foot peg either.  The only damage was the mirror has a scratch across the glass from the brake handle and the highway peg bracket bent in, cutting the lower fairing like butter.

My neighbor was kind enough to come over and stand her up so I could hop around and put a cover on her.  I sprained my knee, luckily no permanent damage, but I'll be wearing a knee brace for quite a while longer.  I guess I got off pretty easy for my first motorcycle injury but it sure was a blow to my pride.

Those ego bruises sure can sting, but I'm really glad that your injuries weren't a lot more traumatic.  They made the lower fairings on the '05 out of butter?  Sorry... I should have tried harder to resist.

And so it has now become my sad duty to confirm you as the 552nd recipient of the uncoveted Connie Droppers Anonymous Award.  You have yet another tale to share around a Rally campfire.  My sincerest condolences!

The five most recent unfortunates:
0548 C10 Jesus Alvarez
0549 C14 Joseph Gionet
0550 C14 Richard Riczinger
0551 C14 Jim Cowles
0552 C10 Patrick McCormick