• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

I guess I'll shut up now.

Ron Moss

Moped
My wife and I rode to the "Gathering on the Green" in Spring Green WI Had a great time. I had complained about how noisy my '06 was. While at the gathering Ken McClurg AD for the north central looked my bike over, started it, reved it up and proclaimed it normal. So I guess I will stop griping about the noise. As a side note the bikes gas mileage got a high of 49.2 and a low of 43.5 for an average of 46.09 for the 1258 miles to WI and back from MO. Now the other problem with the oil light staying on, after dropping the oil pan and finding nothing wrong it had not happened since. I installed a oil pressure gauge and have good oil pressure. I guess this will always be a unknown.

You can't believe a word Ken says...he's a shady character...your Connie's gonna explode! Ken did the very same thing for my '05, and it *was* normal, just the cam chain tensioner hadn't clicked to the next setting. Nevertheless, you'll feel better if you know how to re-set it yourself. I think it's in the tech pages.

I have the APE cam chain adjuster in now. I have gone back and forth with the kaw one and the APE and cannot tell if there is any change.