• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

I must confess.............

godzillat2

:-[Forgive me fellow COGgers for I have sinned. It’s been a long time since my last confession. I too am a member of the League of Connie Droppers, but didn’t fess up after the first time….so now I must confess to all 3(!) incidents.
First time, I had returned home late after a simple dinner date, with very minimal alcohol consumption…believe me……….verrry minimal! I pulled into my crowded garage over next to a wall, threw down the anti-fallover device……and stepped off. At that moment I realized that the anti-fallover device had not been fully deployed by the operator. Over she went. Luckily my daughter-in-law had placed a large bag of bed linens over against the wall and the bike slowly laid over and nestled into this big pillow-like bag. Second time, Marathon TX: fully loaded down, sittin at a stop sign, turned right onto Main Street and stalled her dead. She went right over on her right side and trapped my right foot under the saddlebag. Wound up laying on my belly, head on the sidewalk, thrashin around trying to pull my leg loose. Some friendlies ran up and lifted it up off of me. They all thought someone had hit me. I WISH I could have sold that idea!! Pretty embarrassing. Almost done, third time, Leakey TX: after a long hot day, one in which I had opened up the Velcro flap on my touring boots to cool my feet as I rode, I arrived finally at the cabin where we were staying for the night. Kicked out the stand into the dirt, stepped off on one side and as I brought my foot and open boot over the tailbag mounted on the rear luggage rack, the Velcro on the boot paired up perfectly with the Velcro on the top of the tailbag. Matter of fact, those two chunks of Velcro married up better than Archie and Edith. So I’m hoppin on one foot, hands still on the bars, trying to rip my leg away, or at least pull my foot outta the stuck boot. Then I had one of those moments….ya know when you lean back in a chair and get it up on it’s hind legs…….and ya kinda balance there? If you’re not careful you’ll reach a point where you realize that the weight of your legs and feet ain’t enough to keep you from going over backwards….ever done that? You know that feeling? Well, that same feeling came over me like a dreadful rush as I felt the bike slowly moving away from me and the kickstand. So I wind up laying on top of my fallen motorcycle, in the dirt, kickstand poking me squarely in my tender loin area, and my friggen boot still stuck on that Velcro. Luckily a small group of friendly fellow cabin peeps arrived in remarkably good time to help me unstick myself, literally, from my fallen motorcycle. The fact that the average age of this friendly band was about….ohhh, maybe 9 years old, merely served to lessen my embarrassment while simultaneously diminishing any chance at all of being perceived as “cool” in their eyes. Feels so good to have this all off my chest finally. Have a good day and ride safe friends!

I feel for you, Tom - none of us likes to admit that we've dropped poor Connie.  And yet almost all of us have had this experience not once but multiple times.  Glad to hear that you managed to avoid hurting either her or yourself too badly.

And so it has now become my sad duty to confirm you as the 491st recipient of the uncoveted Connie Droppers Anonymous Award.  You have another tale to share around a Rally campfire.  My sincerest condolences!

The five most recent unfortunates:

0487 C14 Jeff Ludwig
0488 C14 Gary Daunton
0489 C10 Tom McKinney
0490 C10 Bob Pappalardo
0491 C14 Tom Tomlinson

Tomlinson,
I really feel for you, But, I gotta say that last one was pretty funny right there y'know. I'm sorry, it just is. I just keep picturing it in my mind. Help me make it stop.
Matt

still laughing....

mattchewn said:
Tomlinson,
I really feel for you, But, I gotta say that last one was pretty funny right there y'know. I'm sorry, it just is. I just keep picturing it in my mind. Help me make it stop.
Matt

still laughing....
Lemme help with the mental Pic Matt. We have a nickname for Tom. We call him Mongo. He makes a 14 look like a trail 50. Tom, Consider this copy and pasted Buddy.  :beerchug: :great: :))

After reading this post, I think there should be some bonus awards given, either  monthly or yearly, however often you all deem necessary.  Categories I would use are 1. Creativity (This story definitely applies)  :rotflmao: 2. Laugh factor (Once again, this one definitely applies, imagining bike on side, rider laid over it with kickstand in nether region, and boot still stuck to saddle bag.  :))3.  Pain factor involved    :-\ 4. Embarrassment factor :mad:  Just some ideas as the last story definitely had some unique factors.  Hope your pride has healed as well as Connie.

We were actually discussing using teardrops like oak leaf clusters on a military ribbon for a while.  Most folks have actually experienced more than one drop though, so the award is more for having the courage to admit it than for the drop itself.