• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

I need help!!! FI Error! Throttle body Problem?

jalviz

Bicycle
Dear friends,

I went to my dealer last Friday because my bike C14 2011, came with a permanent FI Error.

Today I got a call from the dealer asking to change the Throttle body... US$1,400 plus labor!!!!!!

Anybody had have any experience like that....

I am frustrated can not go to the Rally....!!

Thanks

JP

Did the bike quit running?
The throttle bodies are mechanical, controlled by electronics. I'm not sure why they'd have to change the bodies. Sounds like you need more info from this dealer or try a different dealer.

In your other post about the road trip to get the bike, you mentioned it being under warranty.  Are they refusing to honor the warranty?

I would agree with Pink - unless there's some electronics (throttle position sensor) that's permanently affixed to the throttle body, (which I haven't seen since the 80's) I call BS.

Go pick up the bike, take it home, buy a $200 OBDII code reader and fix it yourself.

PS. Do you know what code it was throwing?

Was the bike starting and running? If it was, then the computer determined it was safe to run but that something wasn't "ideal". A serious fault (something that would allow engine damage to occur) would stop the engine from running.

They ain't called "stealership" for nothing. Get the code, let's look it up.