• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Inaugural CONClave - Meet & Greet, Ride To Eat

Ranger Jim

Sport Tourer
This is a challenge event for North Carolina and South Carolina COG members. The state who brings the most COGgers will get the braggin' rights. Event will be on May 18, 2013 at The Kickin' Pig BBQ, 1227 Cherry Road, Rock Hill, SC. Details and registration can be found in the SECOG calendar. COG members from other states are more than welcome; if you're from south of SC you'll count for SC, north of NC will count for NC. Come represent your state, meet some fellow COG members, and enjoy some delicious BBQ. We look forward to seeing you there.

BTW, the Kickin' Pig has a large parking area in the rear but it's gravel so be sure you bring your parking puck.

Come one, come all!

already on the calendar--yum!!! great bbq  :beerchug:

Roger

Put me down as a possible maybe  ;D  I will know better as the date gets closer  Probably bring a small crew with me too  :great:

Jim maybe I will be able to help the South a little. Trying to talk the wife into riding with me if we can clear up a conflict in schedule. Don't pay The Pope too much attention, he is just jealous that I have the fastest silver color C14. :))

Hmmm. So far it looks like the NC guys have jumped into an early lead in registrations. ??? WHERE ARE MY SC COMPATRIOTS? I'M NEEDING SOME HELP HERE! :mad:

Hey! I think that there's a lot of the SC folks at the Ride With The Wolf event, so....... come on my NC Cog people, register!  >:D

Gotta bump this back to the top now. C'mon you South Carolina COGgers get on board and let's show these guys where all the REAL COG members are from.  :great:

Bump!

Some Wolf thing that is over and done with for this year is taking attention away from this event.  :nananana:

:)

The Pope said:
Bump!

Some Wolf thing that is over and done with for this year is taking attention away from this event.  :nananana:

:)
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(  Get over it(see you there):))

Roger

8) 8) :s_good: :bravo_2: :wee_hee: :whoo: :c017:  :Woot_Emoticon: :clap: Now if we can get the rest of this bunch from SC to come too. :)

Ok NC folks, it's now time to step it up!  :great:

Also to my NC people, I'm looking for a place to host the CONClave event at next year. So send me or post up some suggestions.  :beerchug:

Just over a week away!

Pope...next year let's have it at Mt Airy so it's harder for the SC guys to make it.  >:D  I know a place with great porkchop sandwiches.  >:D

This current place is so central to all of us, I see no reason to change locations.  However, there's several places in the Charlotte area that is still central to East, West, North and South.

^ That "might" be where Jim is thinking of having it at the next time SC host, so I don't want to use it .....  :nananana:

I need to talk it over with Jim, but "we" might turn this into a "which state has the most riders to show up, gets it again" kind of thing. But this will not happen until someting like year 3 or 4 of this event.

SR, Mt. Airy would be nice, but only if we (NC) have won the right to host it for like the 5th time in a row.  :)
But thanks anyway. Any other NC locations that anyone would like to suggest? I know that Lowes Motor Speedway has a restraunt.

Bump!

This is this coming Saturday!  :motonoises:

Who's traveling the farthest?
I'll be doing a 400+ round trip.  :motonoises:

Did y'all know that Competition Accessories is located in Rock Hill.  I can't make this RTE,  :( but I would love to visit that store.  It is only 3 miles from the lunch spot.  :mad:

Maybe a side trip to Competition Accessories would an added incentive for attending. Looks like the wife may be riding with me, any other women going?

kawcon14rider said:
Maybe a side trip to Competition Accessories would an added incentive for attending. Looks like the wife may be riding with me, any other women going?
I hope to make it over to Competition Accessories, I as of right now the wife is planning on coming. Where are you coming from, maybe we can hook up somewhere along the way. I will be coming out of Moncks Corner, SC.

Cwo2mustang said:
Sport Rider said:
I bought a helmet there two weeks ago.  :nananana:

Which Helmet did you buy, and why?

HJC IS-33.  Needed a 3/4 that my scala q2 would attach to.  if you look in this pic you can see it on the side.  low res proof though, so not easy to see.

Attachments

• Dragon 2.JPG
    Dragon 2.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 103
kawcon14rider said:
Carol and I are comming :)

Roger

No wonder SC is known more for their Southern Hospitality than NC. :beerchug: We welcome you to SC any time and will never tell you to just stay at home. :) Come on down Ya hear!  :rotflmao:

kawcon14rider said:
No wonder SC is known more for their Southern Hospitality than NC. :beerchug: We welcome you to SC any time and will never tell you to just stay at home. :) Come on down Ya hear!  :rotflmao:

As soon as I cross the state line I'm stopping to take my helmet off!  ;)

Only counts if you stop by the Kickin' Pig and sign in. I'd really like it if you would as the GA folks count for SC.

Ranger Jim said:
Only counts if you stop by the Kickin' Pig and sign in. I'd really like it if you would as the GA folks count for SC.

That 'print and sign' thing again, I see...

Does the Kickin' Pig have a drive-thru on the roads between Bluffton and Columbia??  That would work...well, that and a parking space large enough to park a 16' Penske moving van (moving two sons to two different locations in the same weekend - it's called Planning, and I'm sure when this is over there may be other terms used as well)  ;)

Jim, it's too late in the game for the rules to be changing.  :eek:

Especially if the rule change is going to help you!  :nananana:

We can do this next year.  :great:
Oh..... I'm looking in to having it next year at Mt Airy, N.C.  :)

The Pope said:

You got rules for this thing??  :-\  At a COG event? Really?  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Ya'll have fun. Wishing I could be there  :great:

Only if the NC folks want them.  :) We don't handle rules to well in SC. :nananana: :rotflmao:
Going to see you again Pope. :great:

John. Go back and read the VERY FIRST posting of this thread. I ain't changin' nuthin' late in the game. This was established from the get-go.  ;)

Ranger Jim said:
John. Go back and read the VERY FIRST posting of this thread. I ain't changin' nuthin' late in the game. This was established from the get-go.  ;)
So I guess when this thing happens between Floriduh and jawjuh(no reference to you Jen its just proper pronunciation) if any coggers come from Cuba or South America they count for Floriduh? :( :mad: :'( :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Roger

Volcantour said:
The Pope said:

You got rules for this thing??  :-\  At a COG event? Really?  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Ya'll have fun. Wishing I could be there  :great:

Pope is new to this stuff.  first year leading and all.  :rotflmao: :nananana: :))

As of this a.m., there's 19 registered (13 members & 6 guest) for this. If you're coming and haven't registered, please do.

Looks like it may be a pretty good turn out for the first event.  :) :great: :sign0098: :s_good: :bravo_2: :whoo: :72: :clap:

I know y'all are gonna have a great time.  Wish I could ride up.  Too much "Stuff" going on around here. 

Don't get too wrapped up in rules.  The idea is just to get everyone together, Cog and friends of Coggers.  We have the Smackdown at the Shack Border challenge between Fla and Ga.  We have to change the name now as Florida has such a vast supply of riders.  It's not a challenge now, but rather a slaughter!  :-\ I usually bring 15-20 riders from Valdosta, and they love coming but are not Cog members. 

Looks like y'all have a great "Meet and Greet" ahead.  Enjoy. :beerchug: :motonoises:

reid53 said:
I know y'all are gonna have a great time.  Wish I could ride up.  Too much "Stuff" going on around here. 

Don't get too wrapped up in rules.  The idea is just to get everyone together, Cog and friends of Coggers.  We have the Smackdown at the Shack Border challenge between Fla and Ga.  We have to change the name now as Florida has such a vast supply of riders.  It's not a challenge now, but rather a slaughter!  :-\ I usually bring 15-20 riders from Valdosta, and they love coming but are not Cog members. 

Looks like y'all have a great "Meet and Greet" ahead.  Enjoy. :beerchug: :motonoises:
Except when it is too cold for most of us warm weather wimps to ride. Think frost, it did happen the second year.

They sure do up the Q right at that there Shack by the Track, no doubt. Always a good time there.

Maybe it IS time to change the rules. We should think of opening this up to count all riders from their respective state ( GA vs FL & NC vs SC ). This will just serve to make the rides even bigger and better, and might encourage more riders to come check out the fun COG supports, and who knows, we could get a few members out of the friendly competition. Please PM me for your thoughts on this idea, and we'll kick it around at the next SECOG Leadership Team meeting. Might have merit......yes? We could kick it off this year with the FL/GA Border BBQ Smackdown Challenge.                        Al

I'm disinclined to change the "rule" that only COGgers count for the "winning" state. The SMACKDOWN AT THE SHACK is a good example. Reid brings a crowd from Valdosta, Jerry brings a crew from Savannah but most are not COGgers.

Looks like the only way to settle this is Indian leg wrestling! :rotflmao:

Roger

Now to recover this subject back from the guys from our south. Up getting ready for the ride to Rock Hill. :motonoises: See everyone there.  :great: :beerchug:

I'm up and getting ready myself. Just looked at the radar and all I'm going to say is it might be an interesting ride today!

Probably the shortest distance traveled.  Back home and no rain.  Here's a teaser.  More to come.

Attachments

• IMAG0015small.jpg
    IMAG0015small.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 122
Home safe & sound...and amazingly, no rain!

It was great to meet everyone. Looking forward to future events!

Same here. Back home (411 miles round trip) and didn't get rained on at all today.

Thanks to all of the NC folks that were able to make it.

Congrats to SC for having the most Cog folks there. We (NC) will do a lot better next year when we host this.

Last but not least, Jim. Thank you for all of your hard work to get this event organized and pulled off.

Many thanks to all who braved the "iffy" weather to make the event  :You_Rock_Emoticon:. We had a total of 20 riders (17 COG members) attend. SC had the greatest number of members sign in  :whoo:.  The winner of the Bike Bandit Gift Card was Pete Long.  :great:

The Kickin' Pig BBQ was excellent, the company was fantastic and I hereby declare the Carolina CONClave to have been a resounding success. Pope and I are already working on next year's event.  ;)

You know, anyone can set up a Ride to Eat. Just find a location, contact your AAD and get it put on the calendar. Set it up and they will come. :motonoises:

Thanks again to all who attended. I look forward to seeing you at another event.

Ride Safe!

JIM CULP
COG Safety Director
AAD for South Carolina

Just made it back home, hit rain for about 30-40 miles with a few cracks of thunder, but that's OK it was still a great ride. That's for everyone who set this up, great fun. :beerchug:

Man I guess we were the only ones we left home and rode more than halfway in the rain and most of the way home in the rain (kinda intense on the short 18mi. of I85) but made it home safe. Can't wait to do it again.Good to see yall again if only for a short time. :beerchug:

Roger

Wife and I made it home with her a little wet, but I was okay. Great time with great people. Jerry enjoyed the ride with you and yes Cathy and I hit the rain about 25 miles out of Florence.
Many thanks to Jim and Pope for doing a good job. Hey Pope I think SC won. :rotflmao: Jim will try to get the CD in the mail Monday.
Thanks again. :beerchug: