• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Independence Pass

Fred H.

Just thought I'd let you know that the pass is open. We rode hwy 14 this morning and Independence Pass today about an hour or so before sunset. It was absolutely gorgeous, and there was no traffic on it, we had it all to ourselves. A few spots had running water on it from the snow melt, but it was clear and in good condition the whole way.

http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/june_2011

large.jpg

smithr-scad said:
Hey Fred Bite Me,  oh and enjoy wish I was sweep.

Ha! I understand where you're coming from. We have been watching the weather channel and I see its been near 100 in Texas all week. We are enjoying this cool Rocky Mountain air. Its 38 here this morning. I'm trying to figure out how I can stay here the rest of the summer.

I'm back home, recuperating, and readjusting to Texas heat. It was 38 when we left Colorado. It's about 99 outside right now.

large.jpg

I know that feeling.  We left Co at 5am 38 degrees and by the time we got to Amarillo at about 3pm it was 103.  I felt bad either from the temp change or the elevation change but either way I was head down in a burger joint for an hour trying to feel like going on.  The next day for the last leg into Austin it was 106 and ended up the hottest day that year.