• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Indiana Intro

Ya, I did same thing. checked out Bandits, ST1100, FJRs, didnt fool with BMW too expensive or too old. Finally decided that best bike for the buck and the kind of riding planning on doing was the Concours. But Connie owners are the best kept secret IMHO.  What type of riding do you do.  I use my Connie to commute, weekend RTE and completed a Saddle Sore 1000 (1000 miles > 24 hours) with no problems.

Welcome blchandl2
There is a great common questions area on the home page of cog-online.  Not sure which model you are looking at C10 or C14 but great words about both are on the site.  Buy one and join the fun and the club.

WElcome to the forum and if you decide to buy, an advanced welcome to Connie ownership regardless of year or model.  The older bikes have been incredibly farkeled (modded) and researched across the years.  There is more info on this bike available in the combined wisdom of the COG members than any other bike I konw of.  She's been asked to do almost everything for a lot of different riders and she's proven a reliable, versatile, and pleasing mount.  For almost everyone there is a combination that will make em happy to own and ride this bike.  Again, welcome and I hope you find the Concours to be all you want in a Sport Touring machine.