• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Intro from British Columbia

dig dog

Training Wheels
Hi from New Westminster!  I sure love the way technology has improved motorcycling since the old 1947 Norton 500 days. I've been riding on and off since the late 60's and have had the priveledge of enjoying a multitude of two wheel machines along the way. The latest, a 1600 Roadstar which didn't like the twisties as much as I did and a VFR 800 which constantly reminded me of how old I was, were traded for a new 2011 black pearl. Wow what a magnificant machine! At first I was concerned about the power and the heavy steering that was reported. Both are non issues. This machine is as calm as you want it to be and handes beautifully. 
Now, with the weather changing, I am planning to trailer the bike to Sacremento and continue south from there on the Black Pearl.

:welcome:

Welcome Peter.  I too have been riding a long time, since I was 10 years old ~ 54 years ago.  I suppose your riding season is a bit shorter than here in Georgia, USA.  I hope you enjoy your new bike as much as I do mine.  This is a great forum with a lot of knowledgeable Concours owners. Ride safe........cheers.  ^-^

Thanks for the great welcome! I'm still riding my Connie on the dry days which are becoming fewer in numbers. My girl friend's name is Connie as well. The first Connie was the C14! This could become quite confusing. Can one have too many Connie's? I will need to take both Connies south to find warmer weather as winter is almost here. I look forward to reading COG's advice on how to keep my Connie purring! 

Greetings from across the Strait in Victoria! I certainly understand what you mean about the weather. When I rode to work this morning it was 1 degree! I'm envious of your going South to extend the riding season, that is also in my long term plans! :49:

Be sure to keep us updated on how you're doing, congratulations on the new Black beauty!

Thanks Glenn, I noticed your quote about the helmets. I remember riding to California in the days when helmets were only required in BC. We took the helmets off at the boarder and left them off for the three weeks of riding in the US. It was fun at the time but I'm glad those days are over! I'm looking forward to the ride to Tofino. I've taken the car all the time for kayaking. Next summer will be with Connie!
Thanks Capt'n Bob, are you currently riding the 2010 FJR?

I have a tough time deciding which one to ride if I have more than one. The FJR was the one that helped me decide to move into that class from the VFR 800. I liked the adjustable handle bar option, the comfort and the ride. Enjoy!

Greetings and welcome to the forum.
Keep an eye on the ride schedule and we may ride together tho next year as I ride more local thru the 'off season'.
Not cold here yet but the frost was on the pumkin til 11AM today in the South Puget Sound.
Think about being a COG member, it is a value.

Welcome!!  I love the pacific NW (not sure if its still called that in BC)!  i havent had a chance to ride there yet but hopefully i will eventually!!!