• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Is MotoGP ran by the Spanish mafia?

ONOBob

I'm not a xenophobe, so don't call me one.
But I'm beginning to wonder......
The penalty this week in Misano against Qartararo seem like trivial BS to me.
Rossi, Zarco, Quartararo been all penalized to the benefit of Spanish riders.
Yet Spanish riders commit worse infractions, and no penalties???
What gives?

Just asking for a friend.
ONOBob

Can't comment on the others but Quartararo had 3 warnings about that final corner. He then chose to ignore them and did it again. It was entirely his own fault.

Can't comment on the others but Quartararo had 3 warnings about that final corner. He then chose to ignore them and did it again. It was entirely his own fault.
Thanks Boomer,
I missed that.
I can't follow what's being said by the announcers very well.
I have an appointment for hearing aids next week.

PS. "The friend" I was asking for is an old riding buddy in France - Benoit Unal
The "Spanish Mafia / benefits Spanish riders" were his comments. Not mine...

He and I follow MotoGP via email, after the race, I didn't understand why Quartarao was penalized.
So...... I sent Benoit an email "what the heck was the Quatararo penalty for ?"

I think he was just venting a little. He's a good guy.

It will be interesting to see if Marquez is as dominant when he comes back...

Cheers
Bob

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition...........their main weapons are.........:) anyone care to finish?

LOL.... Montyh Python Series......I'm trying to remember.
There was feather of ??, a pillow of ???.
I just watched the wholes series last year on Prime or Netflix one of those.

"Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition, our main weapons are fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope."