• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Is the battery covered by the OEM warranty?

stanh817

Big Wheel
I'm about 1.5 years into the warranty on my 2010 Concours. I do not find written information describing whether or not the OEM battery is covered. The battery is dead as a hammer. What experiences have some of you had with this ???

I had a 2 year old battery replaced under warranty, and the dealer told me that as long as it hasn't been abused, it is covered by Kawasaki for the full 3 years with the rest of the bike.

Fred_Harmon_TX said:
I had a 2 year old battery replaced under warranty, and the dealer told me that as long as it hasn't been abused, it is covered by Kawasaki for the full 3 years with the rest of the bike.

What dealer? (I live in the Ft. Worth area also)

thepope said:
Fred_Harmon_TX said:

Honda/Kawasaki West

Fred_Harmon_TX said:
thepope said:
Fred_Harmon_TX said:

Honda/Kawasaki West

Thank you Fred.

The battery on my one year old 09 was replaced by Kawasaki last year. They stuck in a much cheaper battery in it's place.

Tim from PNW