• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Is this a good price?

wipfel

Road Bike
I'm looking at a 2010 Concours 14.  It's stock with about 7k miles, and I can get it for 10.5K.  Does that sound like a good deal?

I don't know. Maybe, maybe not. You may be able to get a brand new left over 2010 for close to that price, if not that price. But on the other hand, if you can't find a left over. Then maybe it's not such a bad price.    :)

ABS or not? Perfect 10 condition or not? Location? Any warranty left on it? Tire life left?

Here's a list of 93 2010 and later C14s available in the Southeast area as listed by CycleTrader.com for you to look through and compare for yourself.  Just from a quick glance, $10.5k seems like a fair price.

@ZG

ABS, perfect or close to it, located in WI (i'm in TN), don't think any warranty (can't remember), decent tires.  i offered 10.3k, but they turned it down.  don't seem to want to deal much on these.

ChipDoc said:
Here's a list of 93 2010 and later C14s available in the Southeast area as listed by CycleTrader.com for you to look through and compare for yourself.  Just from a quick glance, $10.5k seems like a fair price.

Thanks for the link. I've been living on cycletrader the past couple of weeks, but I wanted to get some outside eyes on this.

wipfel said:
@ZG

ABS, perfect or close to it, located in WI (i'm in TN), don't think any warranty (can't remember), decent tires.  i offered 10.3k, but they turned it down.  don't seem to want to deal much on these.

I'd say do it then!  :)

ZG,

We are in a buyers market and for a reason that I do not understand the C-14 depreciates extremely fast.  Therefore  you should be able to find an excellent C-14 in the 6-8K range.  All would depend on specific circumstances--mostly the year, mileage and quality and how motivated the seller is.  In any case, all years of these bikes are good, it is an awesome bike and you will not find equally good prices on any of the comps--BMW, Yamaha and Honda.

Cheers and good luck on your hunt!

CElias

wipfel said:
@ZG

The bike should have a 3 year factory warranty. It should still be good on a 2010. Which also means that you can extend it. Check the sticky topic on that deal at the top of the menu of this C14 section.  ;)