• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

it happened to me while away from home.

mrstrike

Bicycle
last week im 1500 miles from home in a 2800 round trip. riding solo. all alone.  so, so very alone.

I make a wrong turn  on a round about, and now im going the WRONG direction. .  ....crap :mad:

-next freeway exit 20 miles.
- im already tired, antsy to get to my next stop for the night. the idea of riding 20 miles, turning around and riding another 20 miles  on the same road does not appeal to me.

so I have a bright idea to use the freeway cut over.
-there is VERY little room from the fast lane cars
- its illegal

my focus was on the perfect turn, perfect timing, and perfect tire position to make my Merge as smooth as possible.

..I did not think about the loose gravel that i slipped on OR the steep incline.

and down she went

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

life lesson learned.

MC Enterprises IS WORTH EVERY F*(%*NG PENNY!!
features_canyoncages.jpg

I had ZERO damage to the bike.

zero..

..zip...
...nada...
I (dare I say) feel with the incline and Top Case cargo weight It may have rolled over farther that normal.

several good citizens stopped and helped me up and I was on my way in 5 mins with nothing more than my pride wounded.

I hope this qualifies me for a Connie Dropped number?

Got my canyons too, unfortunately shortly after a zero mph tip over in a parking lot permately scarred my left rear bag and lower left front fairing.  :'(

Oh I sure do hate dumping a fully loaded bike far from home.  You're tired and just not thinking as well as when you were fresh.  Glad to hear you weren't hurt and I love the good report on the MC Enterprises tip-over bars!  You sure made some cool illustrations too; those uphill turns are treacherous things, even without the gravel.  As you said, lesson learned, and your incident does qualify you for the CDA Award except for one thing.

You need to be a full COG member.  Don't worry, we don't make you drop her again after you've joined in order to qualify!  Most folks join if they hang around a while and like what we do here, so just drop me a line after that happens and we'll add you to the roster.

Just to avoid confusion, here are the instructions: How to Convert from Forum Subscriber to Full COG Membership

And here's where to Renew