• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Item for Auction OTP 2019

OMoaC

I am in possession of a signed by the artist and author a copy of COG's own cartoonist Harry Martin's latest book of road rash collections. Harry has been a great supporter of OtP and I have his permission to auction this item for OtP. These items are very rare because as we all know Harry suffers from carpal tunnel and limp wrist so there are not a lot of signed copies floating around (just kidding, sounded good tho' didn't it). Let the bidding begin at 20 bucks shipping to the lower 48 included, 20 20 20 looking for 30 30. Don't forget to send in you nominations for the traveler to OTP.USA@cox.net and make your donations to the same addy at paypal. For those not comfortable with paypal send an email for a physical address to send a check, cash, beer cans etc, Let the bidding begin!!!

Having my own copy, stolen from the RWTW rally last year...it's worth the price of admission.
And no...I'm not giving it up...

....unless we need another for the raffle.
And Ted is going to have to tell me that's OK.
(and you know how he is...so bid like there's no second copy)

Recent developments have revealed that this shall be a special signed edition only for OtP 2019 with a very special dedication from the artist author. This could go through the roof. May be eligible for the Library of Congress or the Guggenheim. Better investment than the stock market!

Folks, This is unprecedented, unbelievable and earth shaking. The infamous author and artist of the Road Rash cartoons has generously donated in addition to the previous offerings an original ink drawing suitable for framing. I may have to bid on this myself. The price has just increased.

ZXtasy said:
I shall bid 8 thousand, two hundred and fifty shiny red cents!
Damned math. They told me in school I'd never use it. ZXtasy went fractional on us so let's call for 90,90,90  :beerchug:

ZXtasy said:
When does the bidding end for this item may I ask?
When the biding slows or stops. Currently at 90 looking to break the 3 digit ceiling 100 100. I think that is 10,000 shiny pennies.  :)) :beerchug:

See if this helps....

The winning bidder can choose between and untouched, unaltered black and white original cartoon strip (as seen on TV and better motorcycle stores), or a colorized version (never seen by human or robotic eyes), using only the finest water color supplies that money can buy. Hand painted by the original artist to produce a truely one of a kind masterpiece to be treasured for generations to come. Who knows, it could end up in the Smithsonian, or even the Motorcycle Hall of Fame.

Now, how much are you willing to bid?

Bid often, bid wisely.

In at 100. This is a one of a kind deeply personalized steeped in motor cycle lore. Who is a serious collector? Looking for 110, onehundred andten,  110 frog skins. Get me off the hook.

When the bidding stops or slows. Addressed above. If we need a hard cut date make it it 01/31/19 Let the bidding continue!  :beerchug:

Sitting at 110, anyone wanna go 115? 1 hunney a tenner and a five spot. Beats playing the lottery.  :) 110 going once...................

Looking for 115, 1 one Five, 10 thousand fifteen hundred shiny pennies, 1 Benjamin, 1 Hamilton and 1 Lincoln...................Going twice gavel raised..........................

WHAAAAAAATTTT? Gavel resets. In my best auctioneers cadence 115115lookingforablah120dibbydibbudibby120120120whosgot120lookinglookinglookinggoingonce!

Here ya go folks! looking for 120. That's 1 day on the road with hotel fuel and food. Some of this stuff is one of a kind you won't see on ebay and amazon. Once this goes into a private collection it may never be seen again. Seeking 120 going once, going twice.........Very proud of this group of fine people  :beerchug:

Here is an action photo of the raw artwork (one of many) in it's protected portfolio.

I have many to choose from, but not that many. After some time, I went completly digital, and so the later cartoons were all done with the magic of digital sketch pads. The paper originals are rendered with sharpie pens so that ink wouldn't spill and cause a crying session at one after midnight when the art was due.

I can literaly wallpaper my house with all the cartoons I've done over the years. Now, everything is save on a hard drive and backed up.

Attachments

• Road Rash Cartoon Action Photo.jpg
    Road Rash Cartoon Action Photo.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 112
Ba Ba BA Boom. The gavel resets. 120 given and the auction continues! Looking for 130, One 3 zero (sorry can't do the euro conversion, which explains why I was so happy to have you along  :beerchug:) Looking  Looking Looking going once............

Going twice. Lets try for 125, anyone with 125? 120 going twice gavel in the air.......

giphy.gif

BOOM. SOLD SOLD SOLD to Mr. Dan! Congrats Dan. :beerchug: :) Send donation to OTP.USA@cox.net via paypal and we will get it going to you. My very personal thanks and OtP's thanks go out to all that participated and to Harry Martin for his generosity and sweetening the pot. I hope you all had some fun.

SantaCruzRider said:
Woot woot -- winna winna - chicken dinnah!

Certifiable theft here, but I'll take it -- and payment is en route.

Dan,

Congratulations and bla, bla, bla...

In addition to winning a certified signed copy of the world famous Road Rash motorcycle cartoon book, is there a certain cartoon strip that you wanted to hang as a trophy, and if so, did you want it colorized?

P.S. Don't forget to slip the auctioneer a five spot or a beer, or something.

Hey Harry,
Thanks for the follow up. If it's not too much trouble -- I would love a custom colorized cartoon strip.

Not sure which might be available, but one that lived in my memory and I thought of frequently when I was on my OtP tag-along was the "Ride-Eat-Sleep-Repeat" strip. I loved that the rider did his sleeping on a picnic table -- not too different from our sleeping arrangement in France (or was that Germany??)

If that one's not available, I also really liked an older one that was all about hazards in a mountain pass the "the mountain letting you pass" or the one where the RV breaks down and the C10 comes off the trailer to tow the RV home (had a few of those types of trips myself).

They're all good-uns, so appreciate your work and support for the "cause".

Cheers,
Dan

Rider Wearhouse bought the Ride, Eat, Sleep, repeat cartoon.

The RV being towed by a C10 is available.

That's perfect!

Not to be prescriptive or throw up guardrails on your creative license, but sure would be cool if the C10 was wineberry -- like my '94...

:beerchug:

Thanks Harry!

Finally finished up this OTP auction prize for Dan. Thought you might like to see it. Camera does not do it any justice.

I don't normally do this kind of thing. As a matter of fact, this is the first time I went back to a cartoon to add color. Usually, it's the other way around. I add color first, then ink it.

It's a scary process. One mistake and it's toast. Put the color down too thick and heavy, there is no fixing it.
On the computer, if you make a mistake, you just hit "CTRL-Z", and the computer un-doos any damage you happen to make.
There is no un-do with watercolor and paper. You build up the color as light as you can get it, and gradually add to it.

Proceeded with a lot of caution and practice on other paper. It's been a long time since I worked with water color and paper.

So Dan, sorry for being so late and all. It's in the mail.

Attachments

• colorized Road Rash.jpg
    colorized Road Rash.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 123
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :)) :)) :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

perfect Harry... love it.... :great: