• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

jacking up a lowered concours c-14

sarge

Big Wheel
lowered my 08 2in. in back, and 1in. in front..time for tires (pr3s). center stand deleted. Now what? Anyone else figured this out?  I'm tempted to pad a board, and jack under the engine. (miss the header)...Don't give up on my replies, cant get to a 'puter often. thanks for any help.

http://www.advancedsporttouring.com/category_s/1825.htm

C14-01-2T.jpg

C14-01-7T.jpg

Lowered an '09 Triumph Sprint ST 1050 1" in the rear and had the same problem.  Bike sat too upright on sidestand and was a bear to get onto the center stand.  I found a guy that bought a lowered Sprint ST, which came with a sidestand that was cut short and welded back.  He had wanted to put it back to stock height so I traded my stock sidestand with him.

As for the center stand, I simple stacked two 3/4" MDF boards, and screwed them together.  Top one is a bit shorter than the bottom so as to make a step.  I placed it on the garage floor and simple rolled the rear wheel over the boards.  This effectively raised the rear 1-1/2" and the center stand was actually easier to get on than when stock.  This works extremely well in the garage, but I suppose I could've make a more compact version to take with the bike.  I sold the Sprint before I got around to that.

dog, thanks for the reply.  The bottle jack wont work for the front end and I dont have a centerstand. If I had a center stand (wont fit lowered bike) I'd be all set.

Midlifecrisis, thank you too. ditto.. centerstand gone. wont clear lowering links. I bought a neat adj. sidestand. Problem is a secure jacking plan that fits under the bike. We changed my buddy's tires with a centerstand, it was a piece of cake.
I know I'm not the only guy with a lowered connie and bald tires.