• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

January 2013 Newburgh, NY Meet & Greet

Cap'n Bob

Well our first Meet & Greet of the Year in my little section of COGdom will be on Saturday January 12th. (the normal 2nd Saturday of the month) At this time there is definitely snow on the ground. In fact we have had two storms this week alone. So please do not feel that you need to ride the bike to the event to participate. I will definitely be coming in the cage. It's all about getting folks together, not so much how you get there. And snowy January's definitely gets more slack than ever.  :)
  Anyway, for folks not familiar with the M&G's in Newburgh. We have been meeting at the Neptune Diner on Rt17K (intersecting with Rt300) in Newburgh, NY. We normally start time is 11AM. But some of us are normally there earlier.
  There are other motorcycle related things close by as well if it interests you. Motorcyclepedia and The Orange County Choppers world headquarters are both very close by. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. I hope to see y'all there.

Here's a link to the COG-online page for the event:

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=176642&mo=1&tDate=%7Bd%20%272013%2D01%2D30%27%7D

well, this coming Saturday (1/12) will be the M&G. The early weather looks to be 50 degrees with some clouds. It could be a chance for some of you year round riders to get a ride in.  ::)

I plan on being there, but I'll have to cage it.
The bike is apart right now. Just finished valve adjustment and in the process of installing a stereo and other goodies  :)

See everyone sat

Bill

Sorry Cap. Bob, we will be on our way to sunny, warm Mexico to drink Cervasa, watch the hot bodies and sit on the beach. Life is Gooood!

Lunchbox and I plan to attend on Saturday.  Although every time I say in advance we will attend we wind up not attending.  But hopefully that will not hold true this time...

Looking forward to it.

Sorry you can't make it Ken. But for the folks thinking about coming out. It's suppose to rain tonight (it's already started), which might wash the roads off somewhat. Then tomorrow it's suppose to be partly cloudy with some fog in the morning. But it's suppose to be partly cloudy with a high of 54 degrees. Of course it may be cooler riding in so be prepared. Hope to see you all there.

I had a great time at the M&G as always, got to see a few people that I haven't seen in a while and kick tires in the parking lot.  I even picked up a great farkel for syncing the trottles.  The ride home was interesting, decided to go over the Newburgh bridge and head down the Taconic State Parkway.  All of a sudden I hit a wall of fog and couldn't see any further than a 10th of a mile.  As I got closer to home it got better, I even cranked her up to 120mph since I didn't see any troopers or radar blips.  I'll justify the speed by saying that I was being tailgated by a moron in a Subaru.  ;)

If today was nice and tomorrow will be better, I have to plan on where I'm going on Sunday.

Well it turned out pretty well for a January Meet & Greet. We have ten folks for lunch. And five on motorcycles.  :great:  I was kind of jealous even if the weather turned out to be cloudy and damp and not the 50+ degrees they said it was suppose to be.  :-[  But there's no getting my bikes out once the lawn gets soft and/or the snow shows up. And I have both right now.

Anyway, thanks for all that came out. It was great to see everyone.

What a good turnout.  A pleasure to see everyone as always.  I really needed the two wheel time.  Even if it was a little cold, it's great to get out in the wind a bit.  Eases the PMS a bit.

See you all next month for the mid-winter track day.  Details to follow.