• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Joined the group tonight...

chipmaker

Training Wheels
Traded in my HD Road Glide for a '12 C-14.  I'm impressed!!  Rides similar to my old 'busa and K1200R, but w/ more body work.  The binders almost sent me over the bars coming off the freeway, very nice brakes!!!  Windshield all the way up, puts the wind right in the middle of my lid, so I will have to look at alternatives, maybe w/ a flip top edge.  Trying to keep it easy for the break in period is goin to be difficult...

chipmaker said:
Traded in my HD Road Glide for a '12 C-14.  I'm impressed!!  Rides similar to my old 'busa and K1200R, but w/ more body work.  The binders almost sent me over the bars coming off the freeway, very nice brakes!!!  Windshield all the way up, puts the wind right in the middle of my lid, so I will have to look at alternatives, maybe w/ a flip top edge.  Trying to keep it easy for the break in period is goin to be difficult...

Congrats on the new bike !!  :welcome:

Congrats on the sweet new ride!  Yep, Connie's a whole bunch different from a Road Glide - have a great time and welcome to the forum!

Although a nice bike my bet is that you will not miss the RG.  Congrats.

TJ said:
Although a nice bike my bet is that you will not miss the RG.  Congrats.

I disagree. The RG is a different bike. It's not competing on the same style platform. So yeah, you'll miss the Road Glide at times. But if you can only have one bike. Your new C14 is a great do it all bike that should make you happy. The problem I've always had is that it was hard to just putt along and look at the sites more on the C14. Where as the Road Glide excels at a slower pace for touring back roads.
Both great bikes with different riding experiences. Unless you had bad experiences with the RG or just didn't like cruising at a slower pace and enjoying the views and smells more at times. Well than maybe you won't miss it. But I suspect you will at times. You'll just have to learn to slow way down and try to do the same on the C14 now and then. Not the same, but it can be done. But when it comes time to have fun running through the back roads at speed. Well the C14 excells at that!  Congrats and enjoy!  :beerchug:

I think I will miss the RG a little.  In the future, I will try to pick up a old Road King for putting and posing.  But for now I'll be zooming around on the C-14...
8)

I have a '99 RG and a 2011 C14 and they are different bikes for different uses. Most of our friends and my wife are on HD's so thats what I ride with them. The C14 is a "Lets go to Vegas and back-quickly" bike.
Like golf clubs,you need more than one in the garage!

First of all....grats on the new wheels!!!  :motonoises:

I am also jealous cause ive called all the local kawi shops and there are none!!! 

You guys are killing me with the "RG" reference in this thread, when I hear that I think of a true RG...

IMG00744-20111216-1414.jpg

How very cool!  She looks sorta like a mid-70s Connie!  I noticed that she was equipped with the Automatic Emissions Control - is that the little tube coming out of the top of the fuel filler cap?

Welcome chipmaker.

I am sure you will miss the Road Glide, there is nothing quite like riding in a group of Harleys on a Harley.

But as you are finding out, there is nothing quite like riding your C14, either, just for different reasons.

Off Topic: That RG500 brings back memories. 2-stroke, expansion chambers going every which way as they snaked out the back, water-cooled (!), based on the "Gamma" GP bike. To this day, there are many RG500 parts shops (and RG400 in Japan) selling performance and replacement parts. A number of them are still being raced in AMA 500cc classes. The tube coming out the top of the gas cap is overflow, it was common in the mid-80s on racing and offroad bikes. There is no such thing as emissions control on a 1980s 2-stroke race bike, lol.