• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

just renewed dues

lotsogingrichs

Training Wheels
^-^ Have always kept up on the forum board, but got lax in renewing. I loved all the ride reports from the national. For the guys who took the time, that's some motivational stuff right there. Not much happens in this part of the SW. Would the S Central mind if I crashed a party or two?  The Big Bend was sooooo close, but I had some special guests come in, and it had to be just that weekend. I have done some volunteer work in S. Texas and had to ride right by it like 3 times. Next time I'm going to take an extra day and just make it happen! Or, just join you all in the spring. I'll try to join the lively banter more in the forum. I am really impressed that so many guys help each other out. It really is rare that an organization even tries to help others. God knows the world could use a lot more of that. Yet when someone has been hurt, lost a bike or a loved one, I've seen it here time after time. Like the COG motto says...

Hey Gary,

What part of the Southwest are you in?  I'm brand new to COG, live in the East Valley of the Phoenix area.  Hoping a little more goes on in this area once it cools down ...

Glad to have you aboard Gary....  I'm sure the SC guys would love you to attend one of their activities... COG  is a national club and members are welcome to attend any event in any area. Something else you can do is trying to reach out  to members near you to try to get more SW activities.

Sorry, forgot to say home is the alien capitol of the world, Roswell, N.M. Right now bet you all have that alien theme song running through your head.  :) Been here 23 years and it still does mine! To get anywhere from here is a lot of flat slab riding.
About 200 miles to Texas border towns. N. 200 miles is some great riding up to the colorado border. There is a real nice loop up to a little town of Capitan(home of Smokey the bear) over to Ruidoso and Cloudcroft and then back.  Fall and spring those are top notch. Hey, anybody going to the GoldenAspen ride up there middle of month? Would like to run up for at least the day. It seems to be mostly a Harley thing these days. Used to be more Goldwings. But would be nice to meet up if anyone plans to crash the party.

Gary you are more then welcome to join us for SC events.  Borders are just for book keeping not intended to keep riders separate.  Big Bend like you said is a good one to look out for.  Should be spring next year.  Keep an eye on the calendar.