• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

JUst thought I would throw thia out there

mrutah12

Hello all I trust we are adjusting to this daylight savings thing well the ones that still have it .I went to my CMA tonight and are ride captain was talking safety. and he brought up a good point and I would like to pass it on  Now the weather is warming up and we are getting are bikes out to ride It would be a good Idea to go to and empty parking lot and do some figure 8's and some circle's Just to re-familiarize our self's with our bike and to get use to the feel of the bike again . Just food for thought  :) 

My C-10 came from a guy who didn't ride it much, but rode other bikes. He had put a sticker on the plastic under the ignition that said, "Engage brain, before transmission."Words to literally live by. Good post.

kevingore said:
Hello all I trust we are adjusting to this daylight savings thing well the ones that still have it .I went to my CMA tonight and are ride captain was talking safety. and he brought up a good point and I would like to pass it on  Now the weather is warming up and we are getting are bikes out to ride It would be a good Idea to go to and empty parking lot and do some figure 8's and some circle's Just to re-familiarize our self's with our bike and to get use to the feel of the bike again . Just food for thought  :)

^^^strange phenomenon -  "warming up"    ;D

stevewfl said:
kevingore said:

yes it is this what happens when your have a sleep  ;D ;D

stevewfl said:
kevingore said:

+1 In the last 3 months I've only had about 5 days that I wasn't riding.

Good suggestion.

Every spring, asap after I get the bike out, I practice some maneuvers we did in motorcycle class.

First:  Cut five or so old tennis balls in half. So you have eight, ten, 12 halves.  In an empty parking lot, put them in a straight line about 12 - 15 feet apart, and weave between them.  When you can do this repeatedly, move them closer together and do it again.  Excellent slow speed exercise, especially useful for a big top heavy bike.

(Would suggest taking the bags off initially, so at least, when you dump the bike, you don't scrape them up.)

Tricky, at first, using rear brake, dragging it with throttle, at same time.  But really good to get that feel back for controlling this bike at slow speed.

Next thing I do is turning as if I were on a two lane road and doing a U turn.  Using the parking lot lines for reference, gradually decrease the turning radius.

Oh, also, I have a sticker at the top of my windshield that says, "Heads Up."  If you look down at those tennis balls, or at the road, down you'll go.