• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Kawa Green Sunglasses

texas.devops

How was everyone's Independence Day celebrations? Hope the rides were fun, traffic was lite and the sun was at your backs.

I asked in a previous post about the Kawa green sunglasses I saw in swag boxes on the table, as well as on a few faces in the big group photo.

How can I get a couple pairs of them? How much were they, and are there any left that I can obtain one way or another?

Appreciate, in advance, any insights and help! AB

Kawa Green Sunglasses - 01.png Kawa Green Sunglasses - 02.png

Kawa Green Sunglasses - 03.png

The sunglasses were donated by ROK Riders of Kawasaki. One of the perks of attending being at the Rally at the right time.

I understand and fully agree that I shouldn't benefit from the swag bag because I wasn't able to attend. What I'm asking is if I can buy a couple pairs, even though I didn't earn the right to them by participating in the event. I haven't been able to find kawa green goggles like those anywhere.

Thx, AB

I had a pair that you could have had. But the wife has already given them away. (arghhhh)

Ride safe, Ted

Found these; https://www.amazon.com/Polarized-Mi...een+mirrored+sunglasses&qid=1625501627&sr=8-6
Well Ted your heart was in the right place...but no....

I can't recommend those as being a replacement for the Kawasaki glasses. They are more blue than green compared to the Kawasaki glasses.
The Kawasaki glasses have a matte black finish frame and the Amazon ones are shiny black plastic. Other than that the frames (minus the "Kawasaki" on the sides) are identical. The Amazon glasses do have polarized lenses which the Kawasaki glasses do not. The Amazon ones came with a nice case which I promptly used to protect the Kawasaki glasses and I put the Amazon glasses in the car. The Kawasaki glasses are IMO much cooler, I wish I had worried less about appearing greedy and grabbed a couple more pairs when I was there. I'm guessing all the Kawasaki promo gifts came from ROK? If so maybe they need to offer those as joining gifts to spur membership. I joined once to get the Butler maps discount for a large set of maps but I didn't renew....I might for another pair of glasses.:cool::cool::cool:

In the photo below, the Kawasaki glasses are on top, and Amazon glasses are on the bottom. The glasses are the same size, the angle of the photo makes the Amazon ones appear larger.
index.php

Attachments

• 20210711_135508.jpg
    20210711_135508.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 269
Last edited: