• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Kawasaki Touring Seat

Tundra

I found the Kawasaki Touring seat at a great price, $434 no tax, free shipping brand new to my door. I have seen prices as high as $584 shipped plus tax!!!

If anyone is interested, I ordered from Partzilla. The website indicated only one left at this price when I ordered this morning, however after I ordered it indicated the same.

Tundra said:
After much research on several different forums and making the financial mistake (for me) of buying a Corbin, I found the Kawasaki Touring seat at a great price, $434 no tax, free shipping brand new to my door. I have seen prices as high as $584 shipped plus tax!!!

If anyone is interested, I ordered from Partzilla. The website indicated only one left at this price when I ordered this morning, however after I ordered it indicated the same.

do you still have your corbin seat??

B-RYE said:
Tundra said:
After much research on several different forums and making the financial mistake (for me) of buying a Corbin, I found the Kawasaki Touring seat at a great price, $434 no tax, free shipping brand new to my door. I have seen prices as high as $584 shipped plus tax!!!

do you still have your corbin seat??
B-RYE,
No mine was short lived, only kept it two days. I do know of a new condition Corbin Canyon for sale by one of my buddies, I'm almost certain "Craigmri" is buying that. If not I'll pm you here. He does not do Forums, so you won't see it posted here. I will contact you if it's available.

I bought one of these last summer.

So far, so good. Haven't gotten to try anything besides the stock seats (2008, 2012) but it's MUCH better than either for long rides.

So to update, I just ordered last night from partzilla for 447 - but I had to pay tax (Illinois).  Ordered by phone - he mentioned 5? (I think) in stock.  Free shipping to post office, but I paid $1.99 for UPS to my door.  Weird cost, but for two bucks, I was happy with the shipping 'cost.'

Looks like we're keeping the bike several more years, so going for some additional comfort - especially for my wife. 

Well, I am pretty impressed.  Seat got here today.  My wife and I hopped on and put around 100 miles on it.  Time will tell the long story - but for now, very comfortable.  Soft top layer and supportive at the same time.  Will report back after a LONG day to see if it compresses to the pan and eventually hurts like the stocker does.  For now, I am very optimistic.  She found it more comfortable / supple and noticed she didn't need to tighten her knees to keep from sliding forward.

Someone mentioned on another thread about keeping the stock for sport riding.  I can kind of understand as I believe the stock seat is narrower and easier to slide a butt cheek to each side setting up a curve.  So after 1 ride, so far, so good.  No regerts  ;D

Does anyone have a part number for this kawasaki touring seat from Partzilla? I would like to order one.
Thanks