• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Kawasaki vs. GIVI trunk

WZRD1

Training Wheels
I've been given the spousal green light to start looking at the C14. I see in last year's brochure that Kawasaki offers a 47L trunk installed (?) I have the GIVI Maxia with backrest on my C10 and it is perfect. Does anyone have any experience with the Kawasaki trunk? Should I order the new bike with the factory model trunk or hold out for a new GIVI?

The Kawi trunk I believe is made by Givi, and is over $500 installed. Look at the coocase. The s50 is $299, easy to install, has running lights and brake lights, a nice padded liner, a motion alarm. Just lots of nice features. More trunk for less money!

I have a Kawasaki trunk on my '11.  Put it on myself and am very pleased with it.  Looks exactly like a friends Givi on his ST1300.

I installed a E55 with Admore kit on Phils rack. For my 1st ever top case, I'm pretty happy. Loaded up with wife on its rock solid.

same setup....givi E55 with admore light kit and it's been great!  The rack install isnt as bad as you may thikn when you first start digging through the piss poor instructions but count on a good 1.5hrs or so to install the rack itself.

I just bought the E470 Givi, which I think is as close to the Kawi box as you can get.  The only thing I'll be missing are the accent fins that would match the raised sections of the side cases.  Getting an admore light kit too, and still have less $$ than what Kawasaki wants.

Yankee270 said:
I like the Kawi trunk cause the paint and "ribs" match exactly.  Looks "factory".  Just my opinion

Yes that is a great reason to buy the Kawasaki accessory case. But the down side is price, size limitations, shape and mounting. If the accessory unit works for you and you don't mind the price. Then yeah, it matches great. But if your needs are not met by the Kawasaki case. Then one of the other options may work better.

My vote is to move your existing Givi to the C-14....I have an old E460 Givi that was on my C-10 for 10 years, transferred it to my FJR until it got totaled and then moved it to my C-14.  Works great and why spend more money when this works..

yeah it's not body colored, but then I don't worry about scratching it up and that leaves money for other Farkles :)  ....

Just my 0.02 :)

Mad River Marc said:
My vote is to move your existing Givi to the C-14....I have an old E460 Givi that was on my C-10 for 10 years, transferred it to my FJR until it got totaled and then moved it to my C-14.  Works great and why spend more money when this works..

yeah it's not body colored, but then I don't worry about scratching it up and that leaves money for other Farkles :)  ....

Just my 0.02 :)

Maybe because that old scratched up, sun faded matt black Givi looks like $h!t on that nice new Blue C14 you bought.  :))