• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Kendon Ride-on trailer.

zgjim

I am considering a Kendon Ride-on trailer for towing 2 sport tourers across the prairies when going to/from the western states. While researching the Kendon, I found a similar design called a Trinity Ride-up. Does anyone have first hand experience with either of these trailers? They both look like a pretty nice option for trailering, but there is a significant price difference. All input appreciated.

Tia

I am considering a Kendon Ride-on trailer for towing 2 sport tourers across the prairies when going to/from the western states. While researching the Kendon, I found a similar design called a Trinity Ride-up. Does anyone have first hand experience with either of these trailers? They both look like a pretty nice option for trailering, but there is a significant price difference. All input appreciated.

Tia
This one (Trinity) looks 100% legit…. I came across another ride on trailer ‘opportunity’ recently, already flushed their name from my memory. Turned out the company was a total fraud and their NAM HQ was actually the Walgreens Distribution Center in I believe Arizona.

Continue your research (as you are) and educate yourself before any money changes hands.

Wayne, Carol & Blue

No experience with the Kendon ride on trailer but I've logged 30,000 miles hauling a C10 on an Aluminum framed Triton to the Mexican border and back. I started with the single chute type ramp - which I thought was an accident waiting to happen and then bought a wide tri-fold aluminum ramp. I've heard more motorcycles are damaged loading and unloading at track events than the actual event. I tow around 82MPH and tried going 100 in Texas with it... Never any problems - I strap the bike down from all 4 corners.
The Kendon looks pretty delicate. In the video I thought I saw some flexing as the large bike was loading. The tubular frame might be a little light for the task . A folding trailer will have weak spots where it pivots too.
It depends on how much you'll use it and how it will be treated.

Reactions: Bud
Many members have a Kendon so someone can reply with first hand knowledge.
The Trinity seems a close imitation of a Kendon.

The Kendon doesn't have lot of dimensions available, so I checked the mre detailed dimensions I saw on the Trinity against my 2 bike trailer.
It appears that two Concours would fit on either trailer.
** There would be little excess room due to fairings etc. but there appears to be sufficient room to get 2 on the trailers.
As far as "riding them" on the trailer, I think it could be done but I have my reservations.
ie;
1) First bike; Your outboard foot would have little area to place your foot down to support the bike.
2) Riding a second bike onto the trailer would be interesting as the 2 bikes are so close together and (again) little area to place your outboard foot.

The lighter trailer has an advantage of giving you better gas mileage.
Flex happens on all framed trailers and should be ok. Not overly concerned with these, but be sure to add extra security in case a strap comes loose due to flexing.

As most of you know, I'm a proponent of Turnbuckles to secure the bikes.
Neither of these trailers have braces that would easily work with Turnbuckles.
The bracing could be added if you want. Just be aware it would be needed if you opt for turnbuckles.

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited: