• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

key pass not woring

constmngr

Training Wheels
Ok so i had a little fender bender part came in today and i started installing the parts, I started the bike when the headlights where installed and ran it up to 5k to listen for vibration, started and ran fine, now all the parts are installed and the keypass want turn??? i tried jumping the bike, no good, batt is fine, i tried disconnecting  the battery this did not work.

I am so frustrated i took the day off to get this done all the parts are on and this beast wont start, I did see an a way to bypass the keypass system, can anyone guide me to the thread i did a search and did not come up with any results,

Or any idea what can be causing this, i did unplug the wires at one point but i checked (100 times) they are secured and i don't see any wires that look damaged.

Any help would be appreciated

What happens when you push down on the stove knob?

You may be another victim of a stuck activation switch on the lock mechanism. Sometimes you can free it with some brisk taps at the 9 oclock position of the ignition switch. I have some photos of the switch on line that might help you understand the problem better.

photo gallery --> http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/kipass

large.jpg

I don't like this modern technologie crap.  Too easy to poof or o/w cause a problem leaving you stranded.

I'm wondering if you disconnecting and reconnecting things may've made the system think you were tampering with it, and put itself into a failsafe/lockout mode.  I imagine there is some kind of a system reset procedure, but since I don't have a keyfob system, I don't know what it would be.  I hope it's in your manual and you can reset it, and not the $tealer eagerly awaiting to charge an hours labor for 30 seconds of work. 

Mark

If your sure you have a good connection on the battery and such. And your sure it is the KIPASS. Then you can check a few things. Verify that the fob battery is good (another fob). Try the fob in RFID mode. This is done by removing the small key out of the fob. Then place the slot where the key came out of on the small tab just on top of the ignition switch housing. If it then works, it's your fob battery (or a bad fob). If it doesn't work go to plan B.
You have your choice. Use a rag to protect the plastic and tap on the switch housing at the 9 o'clock position with something solid. Small hammer? Or you can go the other route and remove the black filler panel under the clutch. Under that panel is a black boot. Under the boot is a grey connector. Unplug and then reconnect the grey plug. When you plug in the connector, you should have a few seconds that the display on the dash should light up with the KIPASS key icon. If you get that, the key should turn. But like I said, you only have seconds from plugging the grey connector back together and turning the key on. This should prove your activation switch problem. This must be done every time the switch sticks to turn the key on, until unstuck. Sometimes lubing the 9 o'clock position helps it for a while.
A good tap or bump normally frees it up for a while. So if you get it started. It may be a good time to get it to the dealer, if you still have a warranty!

I merged both thread from the C10 and the C14 sections into just one thread. And yes it's in the C14 section!  :)

Cap'n Bob said:
I merged both thread from the C10 and the C14 sections into just one thread. And yes it's in the C14 section!  :)
shouldn't whoring be in the "say anything here except that" section? This place is going downhill fast...
And if my kay pass even MENTIONS that she is gonna stop whoring, all hell is gonna brake loose!

Justamemba said:
Cap'n Bob said:
shouldn't whoring be in the "say anything here except that" section? This place is going downhill fast...
And if my kay pass even MENTIONS that she is gonna stop whoring, all hell is gonna brake loose!

I'm not really sure what your saying here. (whoring?) But in case there is confusion. The OP posted his KIPASS problems in the C10 section first. Then probably realizing his mistake, posted it again in the C14 section. People then tryed to address his questions. I came across this thread first and tryed to answer his questions. Then I discovered the second thread in the C10 section. So I merged them into one thread in the proper C14 section. So I do not understand the whoring comment?  Is this to try to provoke some kind of negative response? I'm pretty sure that the forum members can act civil here!  ???

To add: If by chance I took this wrong way because I do not understand the meaning. Please accept my apology and disregard the post and it's questioning.

Cap'n Bob said:
Justamemba said:
Cap'n Bob said:

I'm not really sure what your saying here. (whoring?) But in case there is confusion. The OP posted his KIPASS problems in the C10 section first. Then probably realizing his mistake, posted it again in the C14 section. People then tryed to address his questions. I came across this thread first and tryed to answer his questions. Then I discovered the second thread in the C10 section. So I merged them into one thread in the proper C14 section. So I do not understand the whoring comment?  Is this to try to provoke some kind of negative response? I'm pretty sure that the forum members can act civil here!  ???

To add: If by chance I took this wrong way because I do not understand the meaning. Please accept my apology and disregard the post and it's questioning.

He was making a joke because of the misspelling of the title of the thread -woring instead of 'working'. The joke was then expanded with the quip about kipass not 'whoring' anymore. Well, that is my understanding anyway. ;D