• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Klim Badlands

Throttle 8

I was thinking about getting a Klim Badlands jacket. Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on this jacket? thx.

I have one and it is a great jacket. I wear my 'Stich on the street bike and use the Klim on my DS rides but would use for both. A very High End jacket depending on the armor selection. Klim is good stuff on a par with Aerostich for sure and the lifetime warranty is great. Been through a tour of the Klim facility and they are great supporters of COG. Old Man recommended.  :great:

It is only the best 4 season shell on the planet bar none. Nothing else even  comes close. I have the Badlands Pro and I love it.  I still have my Stitch but it does not compare to the many many  features the Badlands has. I like the hidden compartment for my hydro-pack and the cumber-bun waist straps that pick the jacket up so there is no weight on your shoulders.  The weight of the jacket is carried  from down low. Very comfortable.

Watch this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v4lWhN0imU

Thanks for the fast reply guys.  :beerchug:
I was going to do the Apex, but when I went to the Klim sight, I liked the looks of the Badlands better. I just wasn't sure of how an adventure jacket would be on a Connie.
I was talking to Mark from Klim in Helen----I wonder if they would have some Christmas discount for a winterbound Canuk?

Mark will do you right. A good dude in a loose mood. I'd heard the badland was being discontinued but............Luv Mine.

i have to echo everyone elses comments here, I have a badlands pro set and its the best jacket/pants combo ive tried ever. I use the jacket/pants combo for dual sport or touring.

couple things about them you need to know,
the jacket is a loose fit, its meant that way for active dualsport/adventure riders its not a snug trim fit like race leathers.
also the badlands pro pants while the best vented waterproof pants ive owned have a quirk, you have to put your boots on after you get the pants on, a boot wont go thru, im not sure a sneaker would go thru. which seems odd considering their a loose fit so you can fit  a good set of kneebraces/guards under them. they have armor in them but are plainly cut for additional armor/braces.

Just a quick thread update. I was at the Toronto International Motorcycle Show this weekend and bought a Klim Badlands black and hi vis jacket, as well as a black Shoei Neotec helmet. I got good deals on both. Christmas came on Jan 6 for me. :)
Now just waiting for spring!

I just bought the matching Badlands pants today. (I set myself a goal of loosing 20 pounds before I bought them) Hopefully the weather here will permit trying out all this new cool stuff in the next few weeks!

Excellant. You now have the best of the best FOUR season shell which will  last you a lifetime.  No other gear needed - just light weight under garments.
Congratulations... You 'GET IT' !!!  Check out LDcomfort gear  and read up on it. On very very hot days the long sleeve shirt is what works the best.  It also works for the cold.    http://ldcomfort.com/
That other  expensive brand (I wont say names- MESH ) does not say 4 season for a reason- and it looks like it was made from  burlap  potato sacks . LOL. 

Holy crap Mike, you are like Carnac the Great-----I was looking at riding undergarments as you were posting! :beerchug:

LD comfort rocks. Tell them your with COG if placing an order. Mario is a good dude in a lose mood, a great supporter and Friend of COG. I have several pants and shorts and shirts. The stuff just flat works. Don't leave home without it.  :beerchug: