• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

KR350

pgerhardt

Went on my 2nd 'real' ride on a KR350 Sunday. My nephews have 3 of them all 98 and 99. We went about 50 miles around South Mt. Burkittsville, MD area. This is where the AT runs up to Harpers Ferry WV. We also did some construction area riding on the way where I managed to fall over twice but it was great. I won't be selling the Concours but this is a great little dual sport bike. Pict of the two bikes on blog http://pgerhardt.blogspot.com Paul Gerhardt From da Beautiful Eastern Shore of Maryland COG 1594 www.pgerhardt.blogspot.com

Took one of the nephew's DR350's out again for another 50 mile loop around South Mt. Crossed the AT a couple of times and stopped at Mountain Side Deli in Boonsboro MD for a BBQ. Then rode the Concours home to the Eastern shore the next AM. Not sure I want to spend a great deal of time on the DR but it will cruise at 65+ and is fun on the back roads and is light enough for some off road stuff...

Paul, I bought a '99 DR350 (SEX) X = 1999 ;) in 2002. I have ridden it only about 2K a year, and once wondered why I held on to it. Well, it gets more fun the more it is ridden. I geared it down one tooth on the counter sprocket to better do mountains, especially when there is snow; that makes it busier at highway speeds, but mostly I ride it on dirt roads. It had no trouble getting to Russell's North & South and back. A very capable bike in tight twisties, too. Pirelli MT21s are the tar it likes best, dirt or street. The 98s and 99s are the best of the SE models (and last years for them) as they have the DR350 off road model forks. Mine gets 62-66 mpg and they are bone simple to work on. Many say the DR350 is a better dualsport bike, the DRZ 400S a better dirt bike. They're all a lot of fun! :)