• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

KUDOS TO OHLINS USA

olfart

Scooter
about a year ago I purchased an Ohlins rear shock for my 09 connie.After an initial spring change, done by Ohlins at no charge,I was very pleased with ride and handling.About 2 months ago I noticed damping was fading. I found a leak at the top of the shock.I contacted Gary at Ohlins USA about it and he asked me to send it in.Gary and his techs found a never before seen failure in the shock barrel.He orded a new barrel from Sweden as they do not stock this part in USA.After about two weeks I contacted gARY FOR AN UPDATE AS I AM LEAVING ON A TRIP NEXT MONDAY.Gary said he would check and get back to me,which he did in about an hour.He stated that Sweden couldn't supply a new barrel for about a month.Gary asked when I was leaving on my trip and I told him next monday.He said this is all taking too long and he was going to look for a quicker remedy.He called this am and informed me that a brand new shock would be arriving to me this friday at no charge, in time for my trip.Anything mechanical can fail, but when a company stands behind it's product and goes the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction,you can't ask for any more.Thank you Gary and Ohlins USA for your great service.I will be happy to get the superior ride and handling back from the Ohlins.. ;)  Happy Trails

Gary is a great guy.  It was nice to meet him at the COG National Rally in Vermont.