• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you my Hit-Air Motoradd 2 'Mesh'

mcfly

My Sedici Riding Jacket has been stallworth since I re-started riding almost 5 years ago, but it's
starting to fray, and it's lookin' a bit a tatty, so I figgered it's time to upgrade the riding jacket.

After looking at the priciest to the cheapest, I decided to go with what is 'leading edge tech' for
riding apparel.  I chose the safe one...  The Hit-Air Motoradd-2 "Mesh".

The Hit-Air Jackets and vests have been around since 2010, and have an air bag system incorporated
into the jacket itself.  These air bags inflate to cover the entire spine (to the tailbone), the central chest area,
and the neck.  One activated a CO2 cartridge inflates the system in a 1/4 second, and remains inflated for
several seconds to protect the rider from impact injuries.  (See below for details)

A lanyard is attached to the right passenger grab handle, then clips onto the jacket.  If I am thrown off the
bike, the air system engages.  The system requires 60lbs of force to activate the air bags, so forgetting to
unclip before you get off will not discharge the CO2, rather it stops you from getting off the bike (tested it,
as it seemed like a concern to the few I spoke to).

The CO2 cartridge is replaceable, at a cost of $18... so for $30 I'll gladly demo the system, (not in crash  ::) )
The air bag system folds back into the jacket for re-use, and the tool required to change the cartridge is included.

I'm thinking they should've used NO2, so after you stop sliding down the road, you can at least laugh your @$$ off...

As for fit and finish, the XL fits nicely (I'm 6'4" at 230lbs), with adequate ability to move.  It's definitely on the heavy side (there is a lot of
schtuff packed in to this jacket), but it's actually cooler than the mesh Sedici, as the venting on the jacket works very well. 
The CO2 canister has a presence when it's zipped up, but I soon forgot it was even there.  The lanyard is no discomfort,
standing or sitting, probably like heated gear wire, with a bit more tensile strength. 
The Jacket seems well constructed, with lots of pockets, and zip-able vents in addition to the mesh.  It looks 'euro'
adventure, and has lots of reflective areas and piping.  Overall, I'm happy with what I got.

My test ride to bank was only a few miles, and both times I got off the bike I remembered the lanyard, though I'm sure it'll
take a few tug-backs before the behavior becomes automatic.

IMG_2116_zps0h8oifsv.jpg

IMG_2121_zpswczldryd.jpg

IMG_2120_zps02sdunru.jpg

IMG_2118_zpsotg0pmev.jpg

IMG_2119_zpsn5x0omzi.jpg

motorrad2-brochure.jpg

NO... It wasn't cheap, priced at just under $600...  but considering all it offers, it's a big fair price.

HSVScott said:
Looks like a great concept.  Where did you purchase from?

Believe it or not, Amazon.  There's a few different styles available.  I'm in Florida,
so I got the mesh version.

I got out on the road again today, rode to work.  I'm going to re-position the lanyard forward
from the grab handle, just to give a bit more slack.  The jacket was very comfortable, 48*F
this morning and I could feel the air flowing through nicely, and the zip vents were closed.
75* and sunny on the ride home, and still very happy with the fit, and the comfort.

It's weight is taking a little getting used to, the Sedici mesh was feather light, not this bad boy.

The Hit-Air is still a keeper.  I don't feel any braver, just a little safer, kinda like the air
bag in the car, (without the shrapnel)... a safety feature I hope I'll never use.

So I got to move the lanyard forward on the bike, now it's wrapped on the right upper frame tube, right below my hip... Much more comfortable though standing upright on the pegs won't happen, I can get up off the seat for bumps and such.  Definitely keeping this jacket.

Wow! An airbag wearing an airbag.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Just kidding you Marty! That's a nice looking jacket that I hope you never have to operate. Looks like a great idea. :great:  TCARS!

Ranger Jim said:
Wow! An airbag wearing an airbag.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Just kidding you Marty! That's a nice looking jacket that I hope you never have to operate. Looks like a great idea. :great:  TCARS!
A HOT air bag wearing an Airbag!!  Get it right!  :beerchug: 

..and I agree, I hope I never need it, but some @$$hat with a cell phone can change that with one text.

Fortune favors the prepared mind... or rider.

I like the reflective yellow vest...  I think it's a good in-vest-ment.  :great:

I was going to go with the vest, but my jacket was getting tatty, and figger'd to get
the jacket instead. 

Has anyone tried these jackets in 100+ degree weather yet. I'd like to hear how well it vents in extreme heat. 100+ days are common.
Thanks

Mike

Still waiting for the 'real' summer heat, but in mid 80's the jacket is a pleasure.  I'll check in with a hot ride report....