• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Land Speed Racing July 12 -14 The Old Loring Air Force base, Limestone , Maine

SpringerC14

Coming up in July, Land speed racing at the old Loring Air Force base. It is a beautiful ride to Northern Maine. Camping at the base is $20.00 for the weekend .  Lodging is available in Caribou or Presque Isle. Land speed record was set in 2011 on a "busa" 311.945 mph  :-\.  There are many interesting vehicles looking to set a land speed record. The pits are open and welcome to the fans. Professional drag racer Rickey Gadson is usually there racing a ZX14. iF anyone needs more info or ride routes let me know.
John

www.lta-lsr.com

Thanks for posting John.
Wiki also has a nice write-up on the history of the base; one of the largest SAC bases constructed.
Is the camping section open to anyone?

That's about an hour south of where I grew up in Madawaska Maine.  Some decent roads up that way but I would recommend taking some extra time if you decide to venture up this way and go to Prince Edward Island.  Also try to get up to Madawaska and get a picture of your bike at one of the four corners

Greg Habel said:
Thanks for posting John.
Wiki also has a nice write-up on the history of the base; one of the largest SAC bases constructed.
Is the camping section open to anyone?

Camping is open to everyone, We had quite a time in the camping area last year  :beerchug:  met a lot of really cool people!!!

Camper Dave said:
That's sounds wicked cool...
And looking at a map, it's wicked far away too  :-\

The ride up Rte 11 from Millonocket is my favorite in the state!!!! Lots of twisties  :motonoises: