• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Las Vegas - Last minute

mattdenn

Tricycle
My wife surprised me with a last minute trip to Vegas this weekend. She recommended I rent a bike for Sunday and check out the area. We are leaving early Saturday am and returning Tuesday afternoon. Any recommendations on bike rentals and also routes. I think I would pick up the bike Saturday sometime and return it Sunday night. Any information or tips would be greatly appreciated. I currently ride a Connie 14 and I have never ridden in this neck of the woods before.

Thank you in advance for your help and if you have extra money you want to send me to play the tables for you let me know....... :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:

You can also PM too. Have a nice day.

MATT

There is a route from Henderson via Lake Mead BLVD that goes to lake Mead that is a fairly nice ride. Valley of Fire can be accessed from this road also. The Hoover Dam is also a nice place to go to, not much for the ride but cool to visit, also the new bridge that was recently opened. Red Rock State park is another good ride and scenic. These can be pulled up on the internet for maps ect. As far as bike rentals I don't know of any Kawi rentals. You might try Ride Now Power Sports 702-451-1121. BMW rents bikes try 702-454-6269. If you have more time I recommend a side trip to Zion National Park in Southern Utah. It's a 3.5  hour ride north out of Vegas on I15. Take the Hurricane exit after St. George The scenery is spectacular and the roads are somewhat fun. There is a road that goes to Kolob Reservoir (accessed from the little town of Virgin  before Zion)that is alot of fun to ride and has awesome views of Zions. Sorry not very computer literate but if you do mapquest for these they will come up. 

Good luck, Jim

Good ones Pos. Across the dam down to Oatman AZ (93 so to Kingman AZ, RT66 to Laughlin)for some history back up 95 through Laughlin and Searchlight NV (home of Harry Reid and the Tea Party rally and back) full day. Mt Charleston was really nice last weekend (95 no) half day with lunch at the top. A day through the top of Death Valley is always a winner full day and some night. Word of warning. Folks out here are pretty good with cyclists but.......They love to run reds late/ When sitting at a light and it turns green count 1 1000, 2 1000 look and go. Have fun. :)