• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Learning about leathers

Hi,
      Well....She's easy on the eye's anyway! >:D

Think I'll keep my MOTOPORT!!! ;D

Attachments

• tumblr_n4a1aeYUCM1rk3uido1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_n4a1aeYUCM1rk3uido1_1280.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 170
There's a lot of good info here gentlemen, I have tried a few of the foam ones but am leaning toward a custom set,

All good information, However, If you ever intend to go to El Mirage or the Salt Flats none of these type of suits are legal or allowed. Tech Inspection will say NO. For LSR the suit can have perforations ONLY in the armpit and not more than 2 sq in. It can NOT have any stretch fabric and must be a minimum of 1.2mm thick Everywhere. Getting SCTA/BNI to change or loosen rules is like breading dinosaurs. It ain't happening. It's not just about wear resistance but friction also. Too much friction will make you tumble on salt. The down side is heat build up. Not in the pits but if you go down, from friction. In 1981 I had a front tire blow at around 175 mph. After sliding almost 1/2 mile no broken bones but the heat literally boiled the moisture inside the leathers. When they cut them off I lost some skin and looked like a boiled lobster. Two days later I borrowed a set of leathers and set a record on another bike. There is NO substitute for good riding gear. ATGATT.

DeepSea - did you mean “breading” dinosaurs, as in like you bread chicken for frying, or *breeding*?

Either way, funny as hell, and I’m gonna use both versions!  :))

I've seen some YouTube videos stating she died in a motorcycle crash up in the California canyons on March 31...

RIP...