• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Left side Saddle Bag mount bracket

bigjimbo1957

Training Wheels
Hello All.  Long story short after 43 years of riding I had my first street accident.  Not once but twice in the last two weeks.  I'm OK and I was able to ride away both times.  But the second accident broke my left saddle bag bracket and I'm unable to find a new one or one on E-bay.  Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.  It is a 1987 C10 that I've put over 24,000 miles on since I bought it in February.

Jim Mayhew
GOG # 9055
Road Captain
Light House Riders
Christian Motorcyclists Assoc. Chapter #923

I might have one off a 92.  I have a parts bike, but it was recked when I got it and my oldest son has pretty well stripped it.  It might be a day or so before I can check.  If you find one post it here, or PM me.

I may have one but I can't check until Friday. It was broken but I've repaired it with JB Weld and some aluminium reinforcements riveted on.

Jim, the antler can be welded. I had a local shop do it for me and the owner said it was actually was pretty good alloy. Two years ago, it cost me $20 and they even hit it with some paint!

Eddie

Left Bag Stay part Kawasaki number 35011-1300 is available from Ron Ayers.  Not as cheap as they used to be, but still available.  All years are the same. price from RA is $56.18 plus nearly $20 freight.  My experience is that you'll get it in about three to four weeks. 

BUT
Murph has them IN STOCK most of the time for $74 SHIPPED so you know they'll get to you a LOT faster than anyone else.  I hope this helps.
http://www.murphskits.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=185

If all else fails, I have a one or two in my storage building somewhere that are for other projects and aren't working right this minute.  And while I would send one out for someone, they are not for sale and would need to be replaced.  So please, I'm your LAST choice in an emergency.