• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Long Island "Pop Up Ride"

long island rider

Crotch Rocket
So, things have been crazy for the past few months since Dad passed. As we are still planning regular meet & greets, I will also be posting up "pop up rides". These are going to be last minute rides that I/we, suddenly become available to host. I was not supposed to be in town this weekend, but now have to stay local for work on sunday morning leaving my saturday wide open. I realize the weather, as of now, is forecast to be wet on saturday. I will be going for a ride, rain or shine. I hope some COGGERS will be able to join us. Figure on meeting up at my house in Lindenhurst at 9am. Please contact me if you are interested in joining us. I will post to the calendar as well. The ride will be going to the east end of L.I. and may include a ferry ride to shelter island. Come on out and enjoy the Long Island spring season.  :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises:

I can't do Saturdays for now but in late May I'll have a schedule change that would make me less tired Saturdays although I still won't get the night off.

Regarding a tech session, after I damaged my plastics they aren't symmetrical left-to-right anymore and getting the fasteners can be tricky.  The bottom fairing has a melt/burn area that makes me nervous too, not to mention it stinks sometimes (maybe it comes from oil drips on cold starts, though).

Attachments

• BotFairingBurn.jpg
    BotFairingBurn.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 86
I gotta' say, I was a little nervous opening this thread after reading the title.

:rotflmao:

Nice of you to do this Roger- have a good time with your 'pop up' rides :)

Brian

Roger M. said:
<snip>

These are going to be last minute rides that I/we, suddenly become available to host.

<snip>

Hey Roger.. Wouldn't mind getting a ride in for out east but Scheduled the first service this Saturday,, well over the 700 mark, and would like to get this documented that it was serviced by an authorized dealer..
Doubt I will be able to catch up in time... So I'll keep an eye on this thread for upcoming "pop ups"

BDF said:
I gotta' say, I was a little nervous opening this thread after reading the title.

:rotflmao:

Nice of you to do this Roger- have a good time with your 'pop up' rides :)

Brian

Roger M. said:
<snip>

These are going to be last minute rides that I/we, suddenly become available to host.

<snip>

Somehow I knew you'd like the thread title Brian!!  :rotflmao: 

We'll have more "pop up rides" coming up Lenny. 

Come on out for a ride tomorrow folks. Going to be a beautiful day here on Long Island. We are going to be riding ON an island, then take a ferry to ANOTHER  island,then take another ferry to the OTHER side of the island, then home. Guess you can call it an island hopping day trip.  :rotflmao:

Try again Pat, think I had the gallery set to "private". This is my first time working with smug mug. I like it so far but just starting to learn how to use it.  ???

You guys mind if i tag alone for the next one...i just got my 08 and All my riding buddies got either sportsbikes or cruiser....(damm i need new friends)lol...anyway all the way west(bklyn)..lol