• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Looking For a New Bike Cover

shoupeja

I'm looking for a new cover for my 2011 C14. I bought a SealSkin cover several years back but after two returns due to the cover being too small I gave up. The last cover they sent me is still too small, especially the width over the rear bags. Since the cover is not wide enough over the bags it will not fit down over the rear wheel. I have been looking at the DOWCO WeatherAll Plus but can't decide on a size, either XL or XXL. I do NOT have a top trunk just the regular side bags. Does anyone have a DOWCO cover and can recommend a size that fits? Thanks!

I had a Dowco for years. Nice and tough. I (think) it was an XL but I’m not sure. I gave it to my son and can’t check . Good cover.

Since I needed one for when it is stored away in the garage for winter without the bags, I got a Bilt, made for Cycle Gear, large, it won't fit over the bags, and, its a basic cover, thin, meaning, dust, dirt, dew, maybe an occasional shower. They have others, mine was not much, under$50? I have Dowco's on the other bikes and they are much better made.

Guys, thanks for the responses...I'll wait for a few days before pulling the trigger1
I included a pic of my current Seal Skin cover... Notice that the back of the cover will not come down very far over the real wheel.

Attachments

• 20240209_111406.jpg
    20240209_111406.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 8
I think Dowco is overpriced.

I bought two of these below over the years, and they fit great, work great in all weather conditions.
Currently showing out of stock, but you get the idea.

Thanks for the replies...I'm going to keep looking! The trouble with the Connie is that with bags on the rear end is very wide. Most of the covers are not wide enough over the bags to allow the cover to droop down over the rear wheel. Two Seal Skin covers later and the cover I kept is still not wide enough over the bags.

Check out Nelson Rigg have their cover on a Goldwing and two of their large travel bags excellent quality

FENRIR Motorcycle Cover for GoldWing GL1800 Royal Vulcan 1700 Voyager R18Transcontinental K1600 Grand America Cross Country Cross Roads Vision Tour Electra Glide Ultra Limited Pursuit Limited

https://a.co/d/dKKu2rO

This came up in a search for Gold Wing cover. There's more. I posted this as an example.

Thanks for the info on the Gold Wing covers. I would have thought those would be too big but maybe not given the width over the rear bags on the Connie!

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions! I looked at the FENRiR cover suggested by Bud. Item 803-0003-2 (Sidebox Version Adventure/Sport Touring/Naked) is specifically constructed for a side box motorcycle without a a top box (standard Connie & my configuration) and the size is perfect for the Connie. A great fit with waterproof fabric (420D) and three windproof buckles to attach under the bike as needed. It also has elastic drawstring closures at the front and back wheels. I've included a side photo to show the fit. Thanks Bud! I had never heard of FENRiR before your suggestion! A very nice cover and not that expensive! 20240224_133527.jpg

Stoooppppppp!!
Don't say anything nice about Bud..

His head will swell up and his helmet won't fit. (again)

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Cover looks great Shoupe.

Last edited: