• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Looking for a water pump for my C10

mastewa

Does anyone know of a secret source? My '97 C10 needs a new H2O pump and there doesn't seem to be any in existence?

I'll have the parts to rebuild em by the end of the week if all goes as planned,,,if you want to be a test pilot text 270 322 8097 for the details

Murph

Ive got a "better" oil seal than the OEM unit (IMO), Ive got six pumps here and it looks like there was at least 2 different seals used over the years. May want to use a "smudge" of my favorite RTV, permatex black...around the OD of the oil seal. Is your unit leaking coolant or oil?

Just got off the phone with Murph and He's going to work on a rebuild solution for the coolant leak. Looking forward to it and appreciate everyone's help!

Maste's pump is on the way to him. I tore down three today, one of them the housing was bad, the OD fit on the mechanical seal was eroded. ..It had been taken apart and the deficient filled with red RTV....L... that didnt work. My guess is the housing not being serviceable will a rarity.

These are pretty finicky, if you are ham fisted, rebuilding these ain't for ya. Several precision fits that need to work together at the same time during assembly. I will probably sell a complete kit, but there will be no returns and no warranty, on the kits. Pumps I rebuild will carry one.

Last edited:
Maste's pump is on the way to him. I tore down three today, one of them the housing was bad, the OD fit on the mechanical seal was eroded. ..It had been taken apart and the deficient filled with red RTV....L... that didnt work. My guess is the housing not being serviceable will a rarity.

These are pretty finicky, if you are ham fisted, rebuilding these ain't for ya. Several precision fits that need to work together at the same time during assembly. I will probably sell a complete kit, but there will be no returns and no warranty, on the kits. Pumps I rebuild will carry one.
Thanks for keeping stuff available murph!