• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Looking for an old broken Mirror

reactor

Big Wheel
OK, I’ve done it this time.

I took the LH mirror apart (again) to fix that “floppy mirror syndrome” and tightened that nut on the hinge (knuckle) with my super human strength and BAM, right off the bolt it spun.
Funny how you always feel that bolt breaking just as it’s happening.
Does anyone out there have a broken mirror they want to sell me so I can get that special nut/bolt combination? Could be either right or left hand. Hate to buy a mirror for a stupid bolt. BTW, it’s a 2004 if anyone knows that I need a particular year for that particular bolt.
I’d also like to ask if it’s really just all the pot holes I hit that make my mirrors so floppy or is this really a comment on our inner city roads.

Thanks in advance.

Greg.

Let me look around the shop.  I think it does matter which side that you need as the ball assemblies are not the same.

I have a mirror with broken knuckle, but no more mirror.  Bolt and nut should be OK.

Let know if you still need it if Snarf doesn't happen to find his.

Damn I forgot to look last night.  I just set my alarm on my phone, will look for sure tonight.

I believe this is the creature your after...
IMAG0122-2.jpg

Oh wow sorry about the size of the pic. Weird things happen when I post from my phone.

The PO was closed yesterday for Thanksgiving Day  :nananana: :nananana:
The stud will go out today.

Hey, does any body have the bracket that goes from the mirror to the knuckle, for a 1998 LH mirror?  After a tip over in the garage my bracket broke right at the knuckle, but the bracket from the knuckle to the fairing is o.k.

I bought an 86 salvaged LH mirror off of Ebay but the designs must have changed as the inners are different from what I need for my 98.  I will gladly swap this 86 LH parts mirror and/or another 98 RH parts mirror with anyone and\or pay anyone that has this LH part I need.

Thanks in advance.
Jay