• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

looking for comments on use of Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmart II for C14

connie4jim

Training Wheels
Hey everyone, I'm looking for some feedback from anyone who's used or is using the new Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmart II on their C14.  I'm currently riding the Bridgestone that come with the bike but am looking for alternatives which might provide a better ride (more grip and durability).  The Dunlop seem to be getting some really good reviews on the net.

As always, thanks for your comments!

Jim

I can't give you any first hand experience on these tires, but I never have been impressed with Dunlop tires on any of the bikes I've owned

+3    ;)  I'm on my 13th set of michelin pr2 and pr3 on my 09 c14.have never had any complaint, but I think Avon and metzlers are very good also. :beerchug:

The originals were awful they rode terrible until they mercifully wore out (Early) less than 4k for the front and less than 6 for the rear.  Metzler, PR2 or 3 since then.  The Metzler was better than stock but not as good on curves as the PR3.  I like the PR2's best and I will stick with them from now on.  I had Dunlops in the past on a KZ1300 but they wore too quick and changing tires is a pain in the butt.  I want to do it as little as possible.

I put the Roadsmart IIs on my 2010 C14 last summer and immediately did a 1500 mile trip on them.  The difference in handling was immediately noticeable in a very good way.  I experienced a very heavy downpour on that trip and the tires handled beautifully.  I only have about 2500 miles on them now, but they show no signs of wear.  I will have to wait until I get 5-6K on them before I make a judgement or their longevity.  I am very happy with them so far. 

I just put a set of these on before I put the bike away for the winter, so I have no experience with them. This is my third set of tires on the bike, the other two being the OEM Bridgestones and a set of Michelin PR2s. I was going to get a set of Pirelli Angels but found out that they are a single compund tire and I wanted the softer shoulders. I'm looking forward to giving the Dunlops a try this year.