• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Loose engine mount bolt tip

Bud

For those who have not had the experience of a loose upper engine mount bolt, it can be a challenge to get to the nut on the back side. Here's a wrench that will make your life a bit easier. Hope this helps someone.

Attachments

• IMG_20230211_103138_195.jpg
    IMG_20230211_103138_195.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20230211_062202_059.jpg
    IMG_20230211_062202_059.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 67
I bought a set of those awhile back for one nut on my Saab . Keep finding other uses too . I never mind buying tools .

I bought a set of those awhile back for one nut on my Saab . Keep finding other uses too . I never mind buying tools .
Which Saab do you have? Are you in the Saab club? My best friend has a 67 96 monte carlo that belonged to his late father. 850 2 stroke.

Attachments

• Albert's Saab 96 2 Stroke.jpg
    Albert's Saab 96 2 Stroke.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 46
  • Saab battery box.jpg
    Saab battery box.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 44
I have a 2000 9-3 SE and a 2000 Viggen . The Viggen was a Family friends car who recently passed . I've almost got it roadworthy . No clubs yet . I like these weird little cars .

Attachments

• 20221105_084223_HDR_(1).jpg
    20221105_084223_HDR_(1).jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 43
Nice idea, I used to use a shorty wrench. Mine would snap about every 5 thousand miles. After I put a regular washer on the left side, bolts stopped breaking. I used one from Home Depot not the stupid factory half washer.

Box-end flex head ratchet works too. I've had to replace these bolts in hotel parking lots - anything to make it easier. We had an inmate on our work crew that stole a Saab - not a very common car - wrecked it and found another Saab within walking (limping) distance with the keys in it and stole that one too.

Box-end flex head ratchet works too. I've had to replace these bolts in hotel parking lots - anything to make it easier. We had an inmate on our work crew that stole a Saab - not a very common car - wrecked it and found another Saab within walking (limping) distance with the keys in it and stole that one too.
Lol , he must have had one before . Most folks cant figure out where the ignition is ( on the center console) or if its manual , how the damn reverse lockout works ( removed on both mine ) .

'01 9-5 Linear. Still going strong at 210k miles.
I've only driven one Saab. The 67 is world's apart from anything I have ever experienced. Tiny 2 stroke engine. Four on the column. Has an option to freewheel. Totally flat floor. There's a tube that runs to the distributor to provide fresh air. Without that, they had been known to explode.šŸ˜³ 43 made.