• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Loosing my mind

Interesting article til the writer thought it was a benefit to throw in the political attack. Lost credibility and I didn't waste my time finishing  it.

"Apparently, you can punch somebody in the face if they’re being an *******"

Hmmmm, those mandatory videos I have to watch at work seem to have left this out.  :rotflmao:
One free kill, right ZGirl?  ;D

gPink said:
Interesting article til the writer thought it was a benefit to throw in the political attack. Lost credibility and I didn't waste my time finishing  it.
Honestly wasn't that much of a political attack but then again I regularly lose my damn mind.

mnbikeguy said:
gPink said:
Honestly wasn't that much of a political attack but then again I regularly lose my damn mind.
Granted, but I'm running out of pastimes that haven't been politicized.

gPink said:
mnbikeguy said:
gPink said:
Granted, but I'm running out of pastimes that haven't been politicized.
10-4

My only point in sharing is that I know I tend to go a bit nuts when my safety is challenged.  To the point of putting myself in an unsafe situation myself.  If I can just learn to calm down, let some time pass you tend to make better decisions.  I was just hoping to help others as I remind myself.    It has nothing to do with the story or politics for sure.

Zorlac said:
"Apparently, you can punch somebody in the face if they’re being an a******"

Hmmmm, those mandatory videos I have to watch at work seem to have left this out.  :rotflmao:
One free kill, right ZGirl?  ;D

Yes; and the key to success is that no one knows if you have used it.  Might make for a more polite society. 

smithr1 said:
My only point in sharing is that I know I tend to go a bit nuts when my safety is challenged.  To the point of putting myself in an unsafe situation myself.  If I can just learn to calm down, let some time pass you tend to make better decisions.  I was just hoping to help others as I remind myself.    It has nothing to do with the story or politics for sure.

Good point and better reminder. 

I am constantly reminding Bill to let the rage simmer down.  We lowly MC riders will always loose in a conflict with a cage, but I could not remember my own advice after a woman pulled a u-turn right in front of Bill and almost killed him. 

I think it startled her when I pulled up to the stop-light and was about to knock on her window so we could have a discussion regarding such a bone-headed move because she took off pretty dang quick.... 

Hi,
      The problem to me is no one is really driving, while they are driving! ::)

I've had a few confrontations and can see the people had no idea who I was, or where I came from!!! :eek:

On my bike, I trust NO ONE....Including other Bikers!!! ;D

Attachments

• ssb-roaring-toyz-ellie-warlord-04.jpg
    ssb-roaring-toyz-ellie-warlord-04.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 138
seagiant1 said:
On my bike, I trust NO ONE....Including other Bikers!!! ;D

Good point SG1 Had to follow a Hog with straight pipes the other day, couldn't stand the noise. I told myself the guy and his girl were just out to enjoy the day but every time he pulled on the throttle, it destroyed my time. Tried to hang back but that seemed to put him into parade mode. Only 1 passing zone for 7 miles and I took advantage. Funny, he thought his bike was going fast as the C-14 ripped by. The freaking pipes altered his perspective....

He politicized it, and it's pretty clear to me who has lost their damn mind - the first to throw a punch when their safety hasn't been clearly threatened.

That would be all the arsehats who throw rocks because they don't like what someone has said, although that person was well within their right to say something offensive.

Former AMA Superbike champion, and founder of the CLASS riding school said something pertaining to a situation like this that still resonates in my head on every ride i take...

'RESTRAINT'    :??:

This singular word hits me anytime i want to pass someone as if my C14 was a superbike, anytime someone is driving too slow for my particular tastes at that moment, and anytime i want to give that next driver a piece of my mind for the infraction that i see them doing (cell phone, putting on make up, or just general bad driving) that might endanger me.

Sure, be enraged, for the moment, than count to 15, 20 if you need it, and just let it go.  its not worth a moment of lapsed attention, a punch in the face, or even the wasted anger...there are more important things to worry about, like actually completing the ride and getting home safely.

I get so confused reading this. While one is lamenting the mind he does not want to lose others have loosed theirs. If you loose your mind do think more freely? If you lose your mind can you find it? Probably easier than tracking down one truly on the loose.