• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Lucky New member to the Connie family

Bourne2Ride

Mini Bike
My wife surprised me two weekends ago, and drove me to my local power sports dealer and told me to pull the trigger on the 2011 Kawasaki Concours 14. Years ago she told me that - when I brought her a house - I could get anything I wanted.
I haven't ridden in years and i took my BRC last August so I'd been waiting for the right opportunity to purchase one. Needless to say I'm Psyched! I can't wait till the snow melts so I can get out and ride with my brother (he owns a Suzuki M109R).
One things for sure - this forum (which I've been lurking on for the past year) was instrumental in my decision.
I considered myself lucky when she whipped out a check for the full freight and wished me a happy birthday. She sacrificed the kitchen renovation for me. "So the kitchen can wait a couple of years", she said. "We'll be in the house for at least 15". I kissed her full on the mouth and asked her to pinch me. This is the first bike I've owned. No more stealing rides from the bro without a license.
I'm legit!  ;D

Here's my new toy:
mybike.jpg

Congrats on the new bike...  Maybe you will be able to join us at one of our rides or rallies.
After you meet us you may even want to join COG (or not :eek:). 

Big Poppa said:
Awesome! Congratulations!

You've got two keepers there!

Not much to add to that! My wife gave up a 5K IRA from an insurance settlement. 2 blessed men!
Enjoy the ride!

Thanks everyone. She really is a keeper. The perfect friend, great wife, and excellent mother. I have no idea why she's still with me. I was planning on joining COG and making a few NE meets. The COG community appears strong and supportive and like the tag line says I've, "come the for bike; but I'll stay for the people."

Awesome, congrats on both bike and great wife.  You better be planning a great Valentines Day surprise.

Congrats

Nice Story!

I have my wife to blame for having 2 connies. In fact I have 3 in the garage right now as I'm working on selling the late Chris Pearsall's scoot

Welcome, where in the NE do you call home? I'm in Hopkinton Mass, once the snow melts would happy to go for a ride.

Stewart said:
Welcome, where in the NE do you call home? I'm in Hopkinton Mass, once the snow melts would happy to go for a ride.
Central NJ.. So, hope to see you on the Delaware River Run in April!! Congrats on your new steed, and a great wife!

Walker18 said:
Stewart said:
Central NJ.. So, hope to see you on the Delaware River Run in April!! Congrats on your new steed, and a great wife!
I hope to make it! I'm right down the road from your meeting area right off the Scutters Falls bridge. I pass it everyday on the way to work in Philly. Looking forward to meeting the other COGs Walker18.

connie_rider said:
+3 fom Texas!!
Can I borrow it fer a test ride?  <evil grin>

Ride safe, Ted

DO NOT LET TED RIDE YOUR BIKE!!!!!
He rode mine and broke it 3 times in 5 minutes.  C:)

I think his real name is Joe Btfsplk.  ;)

Attachments

• 400px-Joe_Btfsplk_Excerpt.png
    400px-Joe_Btfsplk_Excerpt.png
    118.2 KB · Views: 79
Hey!
I didn't break "it"
"It" Broke,,, ...
I was just setting there at the time...  (err 3 times)....

Ride safe (Rev go work on the Turbo),,
                Ted

I don't know what you did, but you upset her bad enough she quit running... 3 TIMES IN 5 MINUTES.  >:D

Bourne2ride, that sure is a pretty bike... keep her away from this Ted fellow.  He is trouble.

Yep, thet bike skairt the heck outa me..

By the way,,,, Who you callin' an animal?
My wife sez I'm an animal but I thunk the rest of lya'll thout I wuz clean livin' and docileee....

Err back to the discussion. Welcome to the group!!!

Ride safe, Ted