• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

lurking

richarddacat

Big Wheel
^-^

Been lurking awhile reading the posts that concern me most about the C14, ergos, vibration, maintenance, tire wear, ect.

I really like my 05FJR but I've had a fever for something more up to date.

You guys have been very helpful, especially comments from those of you coming off BMW's and FJR's.

Nice group and forum, thanks.

Welcome to the forum. I have the same problem about wanting new bikes every so often. All bikes have something that your not totally happy with. How could you make a bike that fits everyone. So they shoot for the best. But we can make changes to make them fit us better. The C14 is a very nice bike. With a few mods, most things can be changed to fit us.
I loved my C14. But I have also moved on. I now ride an FJR. I also love this bike (the FJR). As I probably would have also loved an ST1300, or BMW. There are not many bikes that I wouldn't like. It's all about making it work for you. If you've had your 05 for a while now. Maybe you are ready for a change. Something new always makes it more fun to learn and change the bike to fit you. Again welcome to the forum. We have a great group here. And if you like an even better club know as COG that you have the option to join. Come for the bike, stay for the people!  :)

Richard,  jump in and get to know a bunch of really good people and great riders. We're a sport touring riding club 1st and foremost, so we're always hoping for new members like yourself to join us. Where in the SE do you live???    AL