• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Madstad and rain

millerized

Crotch Rocket
I realize that I'll probably never buy one  :(, and most of those what have will probably never see rain :nananana:
but with that bigazz gap under it...how well does it do in the rain?
I'm a big fan of staying dry and mostly keeping the rain out of my face/chest...something the stock (and CeeBailey) shields have done well.
But...what say the quorum?

I ride with mine in the rain all the time.  The blast of air coming through the gap between the base and shield takes the rain and sends it up over my head with the shield raised or lowered, I stay as dry as I did with the stock or rifle shield.  I'm 5'7" with the 16" Madstad, YMMV.

Jim, first, remember where I live and then ask if I ride in the rain!  :))

As Mike G said, it does keep my upper body dry. I get some splatter on the face shield but other than that, pretty dry. So the only thing to be afraid of is the cost! But, I would likely spend the money again. If you go with one, get a size up from their recommendation. That's what I did based on other's experiences noted on the forum.

30k in Florida weather, blowing smoke rings at 80mph in thunderstorms. For real. Madstad.

Yep... rain... no issues.  It stays clearer than the OEM screen too.  Total win with the Madstad.