• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Maintenance/Project Parties?

HeathCreek

What is on your list yet to do in preparation for this year? I would love to be around some fellow Connie owners as they work on their projects so that I could learn some stuff. I could also use a hand if anybody wanted to help or teach me on my own bike. As long as I have the time, riding a few hours to hang and work and lend a hand is not a problem for me! Here is my own list of what I want/need to do before summer gets here:

-Install Heli Horizon ST Bars
-Remove/repair forks (pre-damp adjust still siezed)
-Learn how to remove fairings
-Change Air Filter
-Change Coolant
-New Tires
-New brake pads
-Install Fuze Block
-Install aux lights
-Install windshield bracket
-Install radiator guard

I am in Kansas City area. What list do y'all have and where are you located and would you be interested in having me tag along or even helping me with a few things? Or, rather, can I just come and help you with your bike so I can learn?

I posted this in a different thread, but here is an example of my buddy and I preparing our Vulcan 1600s for a cross-country trip...this is just maintenance...lol! Still had the swingarm and rear diff to pull off in the pic. I am not quite as bad as my buddy who would actually remove his engine for cleaning....but that is about all that I didn't do! I just want to be able to do what I need to do to keep Connie looking great and running great for many years to come. It feels good to be able to do the work myself and it gives me peace of mind. The only thing I want to rely of dealer for is valve adjustments, which maybe I could learn that eventually too someday.20220618_222947.jpg

-Heath

A couple of options. I see that Tom Hunt is your AAD Assistant Area Director but I know he is moving west. Best to contact Gary Mazzola your area Director ncad@concours.org about setting up a tech session at your place. The other option is they are having exactly what you are looking for in MN if you are willing to travel. https://concours.org/event-5610065?CalendarViewType=1&SelectedDate=4/3/2024
Contact Brian Heiple or Gary Hassert and bet you could find someone to put you up for overnight

Thank you, yes! I registered and heading up to MN on April 20! I also sent an email to Brian but I don't think he has seen it yet.