• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Man what a great day for a ride!!!

Gerry B

Mini Bike
A buddy and I went for a 70 mile ride today, the 7th of January. It was close to 50 deg F and it was beautiful. Made my PMS cool down for a while.  The roads were great, light traffic. Hot Wings at the Bidwell Tavern in Coventry... doesn't get any better than that. My bike ran like a top.  Loves that cool dense air.  Face shield up, bug free!  Woooo Hooooo! Awesome.

Sweet!!  Why such a short ride on such a nice day?  Tomorrow starting out on a 50 mile breakfast run, then maybe out to Dutchess Co, NY.

I'm looking forward to heading down to Thunder By The Bay in the morning.  Since I work both Friday and Saturday overnight, I miss most of these things, but I'll be heading down there in the morning!  Just 60 miles each way, but that'll work just fine for me!

http://www.thunderbythebay.org/

It was all I had time for... at least I got out on a beautiful day.  Not too shabby for January.

Me, too.  About 2 hours.  Last Sunday, too.  Sweet.  Crotona Run only 4 weeks away.  9 weeks to Blazer Pub run.  Spring Fling just after that. Won't be long now.
:beerchug:

Camper Dave said:
A bike ride???  :motonoises:

Bunch of sissies... I went to the beach  ;)
Well... we rode to the beach(Clearwater), and ate here:

palm-pavilion-clearwater-beach-fl-enjoy-beach-1-500x375.jpg

http://www.florida-beach-lifestyle.com/dinner-at-palm-pavilion.html

So thrilled to have 3 days in a row that have been 50F or higher in January.  Last year there was 8" of snow on the ground in Springfield IL.  I got in 2 long rides and rode to work 4 days last week.  Looks like 40's to 50 this week too.  Heated grips, Baker air wings and tall windshield really help this time of year.

BJ_CT said:
Me, too.  About 2 hours.  Last Sunday, too.  Sweet.  Crotona Run only 4 weeks away.  9 weeks to Blazer Pub run.  Spring Fling just after that. Won't be long now.
:beerchug:

Don't forget the Verona Pizza gathering in FEB

I was going to go for a ride, but at 80 degrees, decided to take the boat out to the local lake. Some tunes, a few cocktails, and a couple of swims later, decided that I made the best decision for the days fun.
I can ride any day of the year.
That was a fun post................Na Na Na Na Naa Na